Hi does anyone know if there is such a thing as a seatpost extension pole so that i can increase the height of my saddle - know i should probably buy a bike that fits better but this could be a cheaper option for me if such a thing exists!cheersm

How about buying a longer seatpost?Your only other alternative is a bigger frame

Adam Tranter (My other saddle's a Brooks)
    Come on, if you need to extend your seatpost by that much, your position is going to be terrible, you're not going to enjoy yourself and will probably cause yourself an injury.

think i probably only need another inch or so but that takes me past the safety marker on the post - i need to keep this bike as when my back goes this provides excellent rehab before full mobility is restored!if going for the longer seatpost anyone one know of a really long one?

How long is the one you have already? 250mm would be the normal road length; 350mm is available easily enough for common post diameters such as 27.2mm. If you are already riding a 350mm post on the limit, you are probably not advised to go any longer, not least because you will overload the frame itself.

bugger!knees bent it is then!thanks for the input

Me I need a 350mm for my madone to achieve my position. Well measured and used for the last 15 years( the position not the frame). Know of people using 440mm to achieve the seat height they need. Stem height may need to come up as about 120 mm is the largest difference in height you should have.

tried putting the seat back as far as it would go in the post last night - seems a bit better - at least i could get some power down this morning!anyone know if you go for a proper bike fit if they chage the same price for each bike they set up or do you get as many bikes as you have set up in one session?ginny is set up pretty well just the cleat position ive never been happy with, thought about paying someone to have a go for me - maybe set the old bike up better at the same time!?!