Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hose pipe + muc off + rinse but even then I don't point the hose water directly at the hubs / freewheel / BB / headset.

Well all I can say is that the relentless rainy weather here was converted to snow in the Alps and I had a week of snowboarding in fresh powder snow every day with virtually empty slopes - heaven. Came back Christmas Eve and had rides Christmas and Boxing day in reasonable conditions.
    It's not your destination that counts, it is the glory of the ride. (apologies to Edward Monkton)

Super Moderator
    Welcome back, CB. Not a bad pre-Christmas break by all accounts! Weather in Blighty has been soaking bordering on deluged.

http://roadcyclinguk.com/blogs/change-of-pace.html

Everyone still managing to get rides in, or are some stuck in areas officially flooded?

Quote Originally Posted by timothy.john View Post
    Welcome back, CB. Not a bad pre-Christmas break by all accounts! Weather in Blighty has been soaking bordering on deluged.
    We took a chance going out the week we did as the resort where my friend has his apartment (Praz sur Arly) didn't officially open until the 22nd! (Val Thorens is always a get out of jail option that time of year but is an hour and a half drive away so a bit of a pain). However, Megeve 3 km up the road had so much snow they opened one mountain - only a couple of lifts but a good variety of runs through the trees and off-piste and it was so quiet we were often the only people on the slope, we were still making fresh tracks at the end of the day. Not so good if you don't like poor visibility and deep snow but for me it was magical.
    It's not your destination that counts, it is the glory of the ride. (apologies to Edward Monkton)

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Ah... CB - Me and the Mrs are going back to Alpe D'Huez in March again this year - Already lots of snow there.
    NOT logging in every and each visit now.
    Going to have to BITE someone soon.
    Amicabili Lamia

The value of full mudguards really hit home recently. I have them on my fixed gear but not on my CX. Got caught in pouring rain on the CX and a soaking arse, feet and legs wasn't pleasant.