Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    That's a nice weight, my new Trek is a bloater.... over 10kg I am sure!

My Sunday Best weighs 6.7kg before cages and Garmin mount. That is running 60mm sections though =)
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Rode some nice bikes this weekend. The Cannondale SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod was extremely smooth. Also got in a Boardman Elite Aero, a Trek TT bike and a Giant TCR T-Mobile bike which was surprisingly good to ride considering it is probably quite a few years old.

I wasn't able to use the aero bars on the TT bike as the set up didn't feel at all right for me. My knees were very close to hitting the handlebars. The Boardman was extremely aggressive due to the handlebar/spacer setup. My arms were full extended on the hoods which wasn't too comfortable.

I only went around the block on each bike so didn't have the luxury beyond setting the saddle height, but it was nice to ride some different bikes and the Cannondale was extremely nice.

How come... was this a dealer event?
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    How come... was this a dealer event?
    No, all the bikes belonged to the same person amazingly enough. He had a few more in his collection too. The thing is, as lovely as the bikes were, if I had no idea they all belonged to one person, I would've thought they each belonged to someone different as the set up on each of them was unique.

The stem on the TT bike was tiny and my knees were so close to hitting the bars which left me feeling as if my body was in a curled position on the aero bars, not at all safe and not at all aerodynamic. The saddle on the Cannondale was too far forward so it felt a bit too compact. The bar on the Boardman Aero bike was on the lowest setting with the spacers above so my arms were fully extended just on the hoods. The Giant had the bars rotated too far forward, so again my arms were stretching just on the hoods. The guy who owns the bikes is probably a little shorter than me so I was just amazed at the difference on each bike. Tbh, I think he only rides the Cannondale and Giant but the difference between them both was quite surprising. Both lovely bikes to ride, but both so different in terms of feeling comfortable. I advised him to get a bike fit on each.

Was very nice to ride such a selection of bikes on the same day, even if it was just around the block. It has got me wanting that n+1 even more now!

As always of late, me Genesis Borough in fetching green, the '14 model, just before they cheapened the components. Might treat it to a DT swiss wheel upgrade, so I can go just that little bit further. A good and loyal cloddy.