Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    A couple of friends are there or there abouts on qualifying however, they were told that the timings were the 'Race Time' in accordance with UCI rules so will have to wait to find out. That said, the two different results sheets have many at different positions anyway so it's almost impossible to tell unless you were clearly top 10/15 %.

Fortunately I have no worries on that score but very pleased with my Garmin time of 4h 32m. Race time was 4h 55m which included our two mechanicals & a stop at the 2nd feed station for fluids. I think it might even include the time it took from the event starting and actually crossing the start line itself.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Correct, race time is from the gun at midday until you crossed the line.

When we finished, we went to the exhibition centre where there were 3 A4 sheets on a board. My mate was on there with 3h 41m, but I wasn't with circa 3h 49m or 3h 52m depending on if you take my race or chip time. Will just have to wait and see, think they will email us.

If you want the results in a nice Excel doc, just PM me your email address.

Oh and the race pictures are out:

http://www.sportograf.com/en/shop/reminder/3073#event

Just type in your race number!

I would argue it was fairer to use chip time rather than race time- it could take ages even as a fast rider to fight up through the pack and even get over the start line!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Completely, one of my bosses at work started 50mins after the gun from the back. If it is on time by age category, it's going to be a close thing. If it is by finishing position, I definitely got it as I came 157th of 710 in my age bracket.

PM sent Marty!

I agree re timings - reckon they assume that the top 25% in each cat will come from the 'racers' in the front start pen with their snazzy commissaire car & flags etc. I know a few club riders who were there to help their team mates who were looking to qualify by treating at least the first half as a team time trial.

Data should be with you, it did mention on the TOC website that they take the 25% from both pens. Obviously, the majority of places would be taken by the racing pen riders. I have just done all the maths, it breaks down quite simply for me.

If it's 25% of finishing position, I made it. If it's top 25% of 'Race Time' I made it, but if it's top 25% of 'Chip Time' I missed out by 12 seconds.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Fingers crossed you at least get the option of the trip to Denmark

No problem Nobby, have fun playing with it.

Did you look at the pics?

Thanks, I wasn't fussed on the day about the qualifying, was just chuffed to get sub 4 hours. But now I've been teased with a possible 12 second failure, it has drawn me in somewhat.

Already ordered my foto-flat or whatever they call it. The option to upload your .gpx file to narrow down pics that their number recognition software missed is a neat tool - I found half a dozen others without too much looking around. Prints are a bit dear so got the electronic version of everything so I can have anything printed if I fancy it.