Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Hmmm, unfamiliar with those two, PRS!

Sportives are great, but yes, they are a little sketchy as so many people present with differing skills/abilities.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

@Marty- You need to read some P G Wodehouse then!

On the Velothon I only had one bloke ride like a total tool, the rest were fine, but you do need your wits about you at the start. Lots of dropped bottles for some reason.

The main things are to leave a bit of extra space, hold your line, don't sit on someone's wheel unless they know you are there and look like they know what they're doing, and watch for the bike going backward toward you when the rider gets out of the saddle.

Join your local club chain gang. Learn lots, get fit and ride fast.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Whatever that is! haha

There are definitely moments on the TOC, always some bad accidents. RideLondon seems a little less dodgy, Leith Hill being the worst pinch point IMO.

Some sound advice from the road bike TT extraordinaire.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Never heard of P G Wodehouse... You must know Jeeves and Wooster?
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Yeah, by name, not so much of their material. My early exposure to comedy was the Two Ronnies, Monty Python, Russ Abbot, Lenny Henry, Dawn French.

Oh and of course, Blackadder and Red Dwarf!

Certainly a broad church of comedy there... Wodehouse's Jeeves books were farcical adventures of Bertie Wooster and his butler Jeeves based in the '20s. Definitely comedy and language of that era, but still very funny (YMMV!). Popularised by Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie in a TV version.

Saw the aforementioned did it in the early 90s, will check some out! Blackadder s2 is right up there for me!