Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks, really enjoying it, tomorrow will be my first early morning outing, I hope to cover about 10 to 12 miles.

Went out this moring, I left in the rain and returned in the rain. Covered just over 11 miles and had a little bit of an off, low speed, nothing major and a scrap on the knee. These things happen I guess.
    Question is any recomendations for a rain jacket, as normal I would rather buy right and buy just the once, thanks in advance.

Plenty of choice, Altura make good quality sensibly price stuff. I still use an Altura jacket I bought 9 yrs ago. It's a jacket though, not a foldup in pocket jobbie.

Quote Originally Posted by R53mini View Post
    Question is any recomendations for a rain jacket, as normal I would rather buy right and buy just the once, thanks in advance.
    What you want for the summer is a packable shower-proof jacket. I have a Castelli Sottile jacket which is a reasonable price for these things and although it will eventually let through in a prolonged torrential downpour will withstand a hour or more of light showers and will at least keep you warm. It will pack into half a jersey pocket but I carry mine in a spare water bottle. It will also double up as a windproof jacket that can be taken off later for cold morning starts in the spring and autumn. Best worn with arm warmers as there is a tendency for these kinds of fabrics to wick through onto bare skin and you can get cold.

Come back in the Autumn for advice on a full blown waterproof.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Cheers, I will have a look on wiggle, all this is new to me, arm warmers? I guess they do exactly what they are called
    Just won myself a set of SPD shoes and pedals of the bay of e, 35. Let's see how I get on with them, I am going to say a learning shoe to fall off a couple of times and scrap and scuff of both the shoes and the pedals!

That jacket looks good, should go over my bib shorts fine.

Cheers, I will have a look on wiggle, all this is new to me, arm warmers? I guess they do exactly what they are called !
    Arm and knee warmers are brilliant, they allow you to carry on wearing your summer gear and shorts through much of spring and autumn. My arm warmers are cheap as chips Endura from LBS, and my favourite knee warmers are Specialized. Just make sure you buy the right (tight) size, or they end up round your ankles like Nora Batty. You can get full length leg warmers too, for when it gets really cold.

Thank you

Well first time I have used Strava and first time I have done over 15 miles.
    15.2 miles 1 hour 6 min and 782 ft elevation gain.
    So I hope that's not to bad.

Well first time I have used Strava and first time I have done over 15 miles.
    15.2 miles 1 hour 6 min and 782 ft elevation gain.
    So I hope that's not to bad.
    Not shabby at all- Good stuff- keep it up!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone