Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar

Anyone follow the Politics?

Can't wait to see them back out on track this weekend, I don't think Ferrari has closed the gap entirely to Mercedes but will be fun finding out.

Lewis for his 4th title win, please!!!

Anyways, I take part in a Fantasy F1 competition, entry is free and takes only a few minutes. But you need to basically join today as once Quali starts, entries are locked.

By all means join, if you fancy it:

http://www.fantasyracers.com/

There is two game strategies, firstly you have more money to spend on your team but once the season starts you can't change your team's drivers. The second option sees you start off with less funds, but you can buy and sell your drivers throughout the season. The latter is a little more complex.

So put your money where your mouth is this season and get on board. Players will be ranked not only in our league but also on the game as a whole.

After you have registered your team on the site (I suggest you put your RCUK username in it so we can tell who's who!), go to where it says your name on the top left, and click 'Join Personal League'. Then enter the following details:

League Name: R32oc F1 2016 League

League Number: 15

Password: wolfsburg

Feel free to invite friends/colleagues, the more the merrier.
    Last edited by The return of Marty Wild; 9th November 2017 at 10:47 AM.

I do follow F1 but it is becoming increasingly formulaic. When Lewis first entered the scene it was a breath of fresh air but apart from the odd aberation we know it will be a Mercedes shut out. It says something when the most exciting bit of a sport is the garage stop!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

I have been a big F1 fan for years but have not got Sky F1. Have the BBC let go of the coverage this year once and for all ? As I see Melbourne is being covered by channel 4 (loads of adverts which I hate) using Coulthard and others for commentary/punditry.

Need the BBC onboard if I am going to stay a fan though.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    C'mon Gents, at least sign up for the Fantasy League, might help breathe some life into the season for you?!

I hear you CB, but it wasn't any different under Red Dull was it? I have been a fan of Lewis since day dot, so am happy to see him get what he deserves.

@ Cliff - BBC has no TV rights, Channel 4 has 10 of the 21 races this season, starting with Melbourne this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    @ Cliff - BBC has no TV rights, Channel 4 has 10 of the 21 races this season, starting with Melbourne this weekend.
    Highlights only this w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    I hear you CB, but it wasn't any different under Red Dull was it?
    Absolutely, and I was going to mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by OETKB-YENTC View Post
    Highlights only this w/e.
    There was no live coverage on the Beeb last year anyway was there? - I only recall highlights. Even the highlights are not particularly high.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Beeb had about 50% live. Always had a highlight prog in the evening though as well.

lost in the blinding whiteness of the tundra
    I enjoy alot of motor sports mainly 2 wheels but do watch F1. It's great to see Lewis winning Shame it's not in an English team but hay ho. I'm struggling to remember a year where 1 team didnt dominate at least merc seam to be letting them both fight for wins, ferrari never did and red bull said they did but didn't.

I think lewis* has the beating of nico so here's hoping Ferrari give them a battle, I'm a Lewis fan but want to see him winning it the right way not just running away with it.

Not having sky iv no idea how the teams have gone in testing but hope mclarean put on more of a show this year. I still can't belive Ron Dennis signed Alonso.

I used to love the F1, even went to Spa to watch the Belgium GP in 2000.

I lost interest when they introduced DRS, aka 'the overtaking button'. A contrived efforts to make a dull sport more exciting. The equivalent would be giving cyclists access to a motor which could be activated at the flick of a switch.

It's all just advertising and hob nobbing now, more so than any other professional sport.

Shan't be watching!

I use it as a cure for insomnia. Every Sunday post Pub, 3 hours good quality kip.....its a shame, because I followed it from the seventies though to the nineties, but it is just so boring now....seriously......no surprises, no excitement, just sterile, pointlessness.....