Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WIZZ View Post
    I have one of the Italian Road Bike Mirrors on way from the USA.
    I shall let you know how I get on with it.

Dave1963, just PM me if you change your mind...........I won't tell the others,,,, I promise.
    Yes I searched and it seems can only buy from USA. How much did it come to including postage?
    I'll be very interested to see how it works out, unless a complete waste of money I'll be getting one.
    All the gear and no idea.

CB, I took a look at the Merlin one, which is very similar, however slightly bigger than one I'd consider as I don't like the look of them full stop, it's a bit too big for my liking.
    I assumed they were the same just that the picture of the one in the link on here made it look smaller. Now I've looked again I can see the one on UK sites is bigger. I'll wait and see how WIZZ gets on.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Surprised garmin havent cottoned on and fitted the varia rear light with a camera that can send an image to your Edge or in-visor display!
    Funny you should mention it but my Sony mini-cam connects by Bluetooth to other devices like phones and the HUD in my goggles and indeed comes with its own wrist strap with a screen and controls. This is so you can set up the viewing angle and send the images to other peoples devices but it would work for watching what is behind you.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Dave1963, just PM me if you change your mind...........I won't tell the others,,,, I promise.
    Just clarifying the point of view from "The Rules".....

Muffin,

I have my mirror coming from the USA http://www.avt.bike/WebStore/merchan..._Code=RBM_1001

There are a couple of videos on the web page highlighting the product.

A single mirror with postage comes to North of 33. The online shop does currently have some discounts which can be applied.

I shall update you with my findings as soon as I can.

Cheers WIZZ.

My mirror as ordered arrived from the USA today.
    As you'll see it's now fitted to my bike and all appears well.
    The fitting necessitated unwrapping one side of bar tape, the off-side. I then inserted the mirror into the bar and after aligning the mirror with me sitting on the bike I placed a bit of electrical tape on it to hold it in place whilst I re-wrapped the bar tape thereby holding the mirror permanently in place, during this process I did manage to pull the mirror out of alignment slightly so I had to realign it but this time with the bar tape partially fitted, so as you can tell this is a bit fiddly, having said that the whole process was only about 10-15 minutes.
    My initial impression is that the mirror gives a good rear view, it's about as inconspicuous as it could possibly be but judge for yourselves. I won't be too surprised if it may need re-alignment from time to time, not necessitating removal of the tape, just a bit of minor repositioning, only time will tell.
    I will include a couple of images for anyone who happens to be interested.
    I shall let you know how it performs on a ride.
    Last edited by WIZZ; 4th October 2016 at 10:31 AM.

The images were all loaded the correct way up, I promise , not sure what's happened there !

How's the mirror in practice? Have you had a chance to ride with it?