Page 1 of 148 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest ride

Latest ride

Apologies if there already an existing thread for this but was wondering is there a section/thread where we can just post up our latest ride with brief details etc on the good and bad bits?

Anyway, here's mine. Cracking ride this afternoon marred only slightly by a 0 mph topple off prior to start. After donating some knee blood to the road God I set off and had a lovely ride in sunshine, no wind (amazing for here) and quiet roads. For those that know the area, home - St Davids - Solva - Newgale - Roch - home on back roads. Only 28 miles with a few hills thrown in to get the blood pumping but lovely and made me so glad to have got into road cycling. Off to Ireland over the weekend so hope to explore some new routes although weather looks a bit iffy so may end up surfing more than cycling.
    All the gear and no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Apologies if there already an existing thread for this but was wondering is there a section/thread where we can just post up our latest ride with brief details etc on the good and bad bits?

Anyway, here's mine. Cracking ride this afternoon marred only slightly by a 0 mph topple off prior to start. After donating some knee blood to the road God I set off and had a lovely ride in sunshine, no wind (amazing for here) and quiet roads. For those that know the area, home - St Davids - Solva - Newgale - Roch - home on back roads. Only 28 miles with a few hills thrown in to get the blood pumping but lovely and made me so glad to have got into road cycling. Off to Ireland over the weekend so hope to explore some new routes although weather looks a bit iffy so may end up surfing more than cycling.
    I knows them roads and hope to be doing circuits there soon meself. (We return to West Wales from N Lancs on Thursday). I'm slowly memorising West Wales roads but, as you know, there are zillions of wee yellow ones so it's going to take years.

My last ride was with The Whippersnapper, who is keen and fit but inexperienced as yet. Just lately we've been getting the ladywife to drop us somewhere far away so we can cycle home via a devious route. Yesterday we got dropped at Shap (Cumbria) then cycled via Orton, Ravenstonedale, Sedbergh, Kirkby Lonsdale, Ireby (café stop) Burton in Lonsdale, Low Bentham, Wray, Brookhouse, Caton, Quernmore, home (just north of Garstang). 59.7 miles at 16.2mph average inclusive of 1272M of ascent and 1502M of descent (the advantage of starting high and finishing low). There was also a following breeze but only of 6mph. :-)

Where do these figures come from? The Whippersnapper is a great one for the data! I've taken the computer off my bike though but.

Lataxe

I think it's a lovely idea.

Here's my report for today.

Got up, intended to cycle to Brighton. Looked out the window. Decided to go to town with the missus and have cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffyboy1962 View Post
    I think it's a lovely idea.

Here's my report for today.

Got up, intended to cycle to Brighton. Looked out the window. Decided to go to town with the missus and have cake.
    Ooooh - food boasts as well!

Today I are been mostly eatin' slow roast beef & succulent veggies followed by raspberries & icecream. Now I am supping a pint of Lancaster Black. I haven't been to town as there was woodwork in the shed to do.

Lataxe, still basking in the Indian Summer.

I went to work, visited my mum in hospital, attended fat club and then went home......No riding today, work and life got in the way......

I'm back on my hybrid for the time being whilst I'm waiting on new bar tape plus a couple of other bits which should hopefully be here tomorrow. Rode a local hilly-ish route today. Only 10k so decided to do 2 laps. I had forgotten just how unforgiving the hybrid is on hills. It was a little sluggish at times but still an enjoyable ride as the views made up for expense of effort.

I'm currently on the toilet , iPad on lap catching up with yesterday's threads on here....
    kudos to Muffin and Lataxe on your rides

I done naff all proper riding recently. Cant remember the last time I did anything other than a quick 40km or less, life getting in the way haha.
    "Training is also a battle" - Kim Jong-Un

One hour on the turbo as I still can't ride due to frickin' collar bone, thats all I can take before I give up the will to live. The 6 mile run afterwards was a bit more interesting. Planning on venturing out tentatively this weekend if its not too painful though.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    One hour on the turbo as I still can't ride due to frickin' collar bone, thats all I can take before I give up the will to live. The 6 mile run afterwards was a bit more interesting. Planning on venturing out tentatively this weekend if its not too painful though.
    I'd have thought running be more painful with collar bone issue as more movement of arms than cycling?
    All the gear and no idea.