Page 11 of 286 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest ride

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    Inspired by Boxie's Box Hill madness, I took it upon myself to do 10 laps of a local hill loop. 100k and 2000m climbing.

Had to ring the missus to bring me a long sleeve top as it started to get a little chilly and some refreshments with a couple of laps left. Then on the final lap, I started getting very painful cramp on my inner thigh. Had to unclip a few times as it got so bad and then had to climb the last few hills out of the saddle to keep the cramp at bay.

Will sleep well tonight!
    Well done Nick not only on your ride ...but also your wife training...ha ha ha.
    I find when riding the hills my legs start to tighten a bit so I'm always out the saddle to stretch the legs especially on the steeper parts.....but well done for setting a target and reaching it!!....kudos

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    Yesterday turned onto the B3400 20 yards behind a bloke on a road bike and followed him for the next 10 miles. Never quite had the legs/inclination to overtake, so maintained a respectful distance.

Later I looked up our rides on Strava, which showed me following him closely for many miles.

Only problem is his name was .... Naomi !

Could have sworn it was a bloke.

ha ha ha......oh Lordy...ha ha ha....!!!

Got out on Sunday for my first ride since my crash. Lovely sunny morning, no wind, legs felt good and little pain from my back/ribs. However, just unable to push hard, particularly out of the saddle as my chest is tight, so I'm short of breath - just cannot breath deeply enough when I need to dig in. No surprise really, but very frustrating. Will do a couple of rides this week to see if I improve much, but unlikely to be doing this weekend's hill climb - short and steep, basically flat out from the start, just about the worst type for me at the moment. This year's hill climb season will be written off, but I'll be back next year, fitter, stronger and maybe, just a little wiser.

Nice sunny day today ...so I thought why not!!...lol
    https://www.relive.cc/view/735044693

Lovely little ride to Caerphilly today. Took advantage of a nice tailwind there and decided to try a new route home through the lanes.

Still no Relive email

Quote Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
    Got out on Sunday for my first ride since my crash.
    I'm doing better: 32 miles undulating Saturday - average 16 mpg; 45 hilly Sunday - ave. 15.2. Still an about 1 - 1.5 mph below my normal but getting there. Shoulder was sore after the longer ride but ribs are fine. The odd thing is I don't perceive I'm going any slower and there seems to be no more or less effort. One thing I did find though is how the Cannondale responded and flew up the hills when I got out the saddle. Much stiffer frame and 1.5 kg lighter is very noticeable.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Lovely little ride to Caerphilly today. Took advantage of a nice tailwind there and decided to try a new route home through the lanes.

Still no Relive email
    I still have flashbacks to the climb out of the town after Caerphilly castle in Velothon, a bit cooked after 75ish miles, both legs cramping a bit...
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    I'm doing better: 32 miles undulating Saturday - average 16 mpg; 45 hilly Sunday - ave. 15.2. .
    Average 16 mpg? You will go better if you drink less hahaha!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Still no Relive email
    tail wind??......I was fighting it all the way home !!
    Good effort Nick ...was the weather sunny too?

strange with relive, I'm sure I only waited a week or two for the first email....maybe sign up again.....the ruskies could be hack you?...ha ha ha

big kudos to the crash boyz!!...
    Last edited by Boxhilljunkie; 5th October 2016 at 6:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post
    tail wind??......I was fighting it all the way home !!
    Good effort Nick ...was the weather sunny too?

strange with relive, I'm sure I only waited a week or two for the first email....maybe sign up again.....the ruskies could be hack you?...ha ha ha

big kudos to the crash boyz!!...
    Well, I did have a headwind all the way home.