Page 289 of 292 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 2915

Thread: Latest ride

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Sad to say a member of the Solihull CC got run over and killed yesterday in a head on crash with a Porsche in Solihull area.

Dickhead driver has been arrested and released on Investigation.

Sad and shame for the family - the bloke was only 51 and bloody good rider according to the local Strava segments around here.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

That's really sad to hear...Xmas will never be the same for that poor guys family

Sad news.

Very sad hate reading hearing about these incidents. Saw the aftermath of a accident at a roudabout Last week. Bike in the middle of the road, blankets medical gloves etc. Ambulance had long gone.
    Local Gazzete stated that a witness saw the man flying through the air. Shudder.

Well due to surfing and the weather my first ride on road for about 6 weeks this morning and I got a bastard rear puncture! Other than that nice to be out, bit chilly but light winds and dry.
    All the gear and no idea.

After months recovering from various injuries, illnesses, surgery, managing my heart condition and feeling really sluggish, I am finally returning to something like full fitness. I managed around 200 miles over the Christmas/New Year period plus a couple of runs and some gym work, and on a 3 hour ride on Saturday felt like I was flying - I even put some extra steep hills into my ride which I don't normally do until early spring. I'm off skiing/snowboarding the weekend after the one coming so will hopefully not crash and injure myself and set myself back for several months again!!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

I also had some good rides out at Christmas, following on from a week's holiday overseas when I was able to do lots of running... always a good way I find of getting some form back.

Back on a firm TrainerRoad regimen as well, with the programme starting to include more 'build' work. Base form feeling pretty good, and looking forward to building on that.

Summer bike/wheels now cleaned and put away for the winter now they've salted the roads, so will hopefully feel like I'm flying when I'm back on board in the Spring.

Actually I enjoy winter riding- expectations of wind and temperature are lower and I have more of a 'get on with it' mentality.
    Last edited by PRSboy; 1 Week Ago at 12:45 PM.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Summer bike/wheels now cleaned and put away for the winter now they've salted the roads, so will hopefully feel like I'm flying when I'm back on board in the Spring.
    One of the greatest bonuses is that its been so mild and dry around here that I have been able to get out on my best bike which has helped psychologically as well as it being lighter and faster of course. That's not to say my winter bike is a heavy old crock of shite, its still a nice bike, but all these things are relative. I even serviced my cross bike and thought about going our on that yesterday morning but the call of empty, dry roads was too great!
    Last edited by coolboarder; 1 Week Ago at 4:09 PM.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

A
    ctually I enjoy winter riding- expectations of wind and temperature are lower and I have more of a 'get on with it' mentality.
    After not being out on road for so long I was becoming increasingly reluctant but yesterdays ride has rekindled the enthusiasm so much so I'm going to order some new bib tights today. I've kept myself fit by surfing and weights and turbo sessions but nothing gets the bike fitness up like riding up actual hills. Before the Zwift zealots jump all over this, this is my opinion for me. Shame it's damp and windy today as I'd head out. Turbo it is.
    All the gear and no idea.

Had a good ride out yesterday, though the wind was against me for what felt like most of it!

Anyway, I went out a bit later than usual, around lunchtime. What the hell is wrong with drivers? In 64km, no less than 2 near misses and an unfathomable horn blow.
    One guy going far too fast down a poorly sighted single track road, saw me as came round a bend, locked up in his panic and I had to avoid him. Then later a Range Rover driver blew his horn at me as he passed, as far as I know because he was in a Range Rover and I was not. Then the coup de gras, a guy decided to close pass me on a two way road in a town with a horsebox coming the other way, and rather than simply slow down and wait decided to move even closer to me and squeeze through anyway. Oh and a diesel spill on a roundabout made for an interesting moment.

There are days when I wonder whether it is worth dying or getting injured in the pursuit of a leisure activity.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone