Page 3 of 236 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest ride

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Having a proper slump since having time off to go to Spain, now the weather is changing and I'm back on the bloody choccys in the office kitchen. Sad times.
    Me too. Only thing stopping me tucking into more at the moment is that we are down to the Aldi custard cremes.

Seems though Dan is in the same boat.

Can't even go on the turbo as I've lent my old bike to a mate!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Heady days.
    Ive got it pretty bad, not entirely sure what the next plan of action is? I must be 1-2000 miles down this year compared with the last half dozen.. Baaaad.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    What has happened to us? I'm hoping in my case its just a case of accepting the rapid onslaught of Autumn. Last night when I got home, it was 20c yet I couldn't for love nor money, be arsed to head back out on the good bike. Despite knowing I've not got many 20c evenings left, especially as the light is failing now as well.

Feel bad for Dan, he's a had a rough season and as I've said to him, he can't let all that talent go to waste!

Rob, my only refuge at the moment it when people are bringing in treats I don't like. Why is it, when I am fully committed to the riding I can easily say no to the crap in the kitchen. But the moment I lose my cycling urge, I can't say no to the sugar menace. Surely that's the wrong way round, more crap + less exercise is not the way to do it! haha

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Have picked my old bike up from the LBS, so am trying to get my head round setting the Turbo back up. Feel I should probably get into TR or Zwift but the only place I have for the Turbo isn't ideal to place a screen. Maybe I could fashion a stand for the Laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1963 View Post
    Is that an admission of your "feminine" side coming to the fore CB?
    Possibly to some extent, I admit I do tend to take more than I need, but I ski and snowboard and have a load of off-piste/back country safety kit and like to have spares of everything so it adds up!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

34 miles yesterday after work around the pretty Hampshire villages, 1200 ft of climbling, 20degrees Centigrade, nothing to report except an annoying southerly breeze, which failed to materialize into a hoped for tail wind on the way home.

Got caught up in the Tour De Test Valley on Saturday, hundreds of riders milling about, had my photo taken, but couldn't find it on the web site.
    "I am not Colin"

I have 100k planned for Sunday, weather permitting. I'll let you all know how it goes....

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    ...nothing to report except an annoying southerly breeze, which failed to materialize into a hoped for tail wind on the way home.
    It never ceases to amaze me how many times I've done a circular route and had a head wind all the way round and never seem to benefit from the expected tail wind at some point. The laws of physics don't seem to apply to the wind.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

As achy as I'm feeling these days after starting running again, I'm itching to go out on the bike every day. My road bike is off the road at the moment but the postman has just delivered my bar tape and cables that I need to get it going again, but I've still been out on the hybrid most days.

Hope you get your mojo back Dan. Kinda miss looking at your rides with envy and wondering why my legs can't seem to make my bike go as fast as yours! Still, if you want anyone to take the Canyon out now and then to stave off the spider webs and rust, pop it in the post and I'll introduce it to the South Wales hills, although I can't guarantee it'll get back to you in one piece!

Marty and Rob; put those choccies and biscuits down and get back out there! Also, same as above applies. I'll be happy to take the Argon and any other steads out for a spin if need be

The best thing about cycling is being able to munch choccies and biscuits with impunity. I just need to remember to reduce biscuit intake when my miles drop!

Thanks for the offer Nick, will bear it in mind if squirrels start nesting in my bike!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone