Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Giant TCR 0r Scott Addict????????

Hi, if you had to choose between these two bikes, which would you go for?? Giant TCR Advanced SL 0 or Scott Addict SL? Please give reasons for your choice!! Thanks for any advice.

Neither I'd get a Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi mod, which funnily enough I have! But if it was a choice between the 2 I would prefer the Scott just because it s bit rarer than Giant.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Yeah the supersix was on my list at the start, they are all good bikes I suppose, it might come down to looks at the end of the day!! What made you go for the Cannondale?

Scott as Giant's fixed seatpost will limit options should you resell. Also the Giant looks odd, purely IMHO.

Why have you come down to those two?

Spending that sort of money I would want one to leap out at me!
    "Training is also a battle" - Kim Jong-Un

Quote Originally Posted by onepacedave View Post
    What made you go for the Cannondale?
    I went to the LBS with money burning a hole in my pocket. I tried several bikes in the same price range: Bianchi, Storck, Cipollini, Scott and Colnago. The final bike I tested was the Cannondale and it was a no-brainer. It rode better, was lighter and better equipped (Dura Ace) than anything else and the price was the clincher 3199 for a very slightly shop soiled demo. The 2017 equivalent, which is exactly the same frame and gruppo but with carbon wheels instead of the Mavic Ksyrium SL Pro's on mine, is 5999. I couldn't leave it in the shop. If you look around you might find some 2016 models going for the same sort of price I paid but they're going like hot cakes.

If you read some of the other threads you'll find that I was hit by a car mid August on the bike's maiden voyage and been off the bike with fractured collarbone and ribs so I've only had the opportunity to really ride it for 3 weeks but I love it more every time I get on it.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Different bikes leap out at me all the time, at some point you need to make a choice, I just fancied something pretty light which they both are, both got a good look I think, Giant seem quite good for the money and Scott selling off 2016 models at good deals.

Are they true like for like component wise?

If definitely yes I'd go for the Scott as has been said before. Not so many around and the seatpost issue.

Unless the Giant was a nicer colour!?

Quote Originally Posted by onepacedave View Post
    I just fancied something pretty light which they both are,
    The Supersix was 6.4kg in the shop with no pedals, I've got it down to 6.25 by changing the QR skewers, saddle and stem for bits off my old bike even with with the Mavic Zxellium pedals

LIght enough!

Get the Giant.
    I've got one and it's quite simply the best all round race bike available
    Stunning on climbs . Fantastic on decents and sprints superbly. What's not to like ??????
    It comes with carbon bars , stem , saddle ( which I changed for a fizik arione ) and full carbon clinchers . No need to upgrade anything !!!
    Last edited by jasglo68; 25th October 2016 at 12:03 AM.