PF-BB30 question

I will be getting a new road bike, one that is on my short list is this one https://www.orrobikes.com/bikes/road/gold-stc-potenza Orro Gold Potenza. The frame has a BB30 bottom bracket and the bike itself comes with a Token PF30 so it can take Shimano and Campy cranks. Will this work ok or will it be prone to creak, groans and high maintenance like some of the other BB30 bottom brackets?

Quote Originally Posted by Daz_in_Dorset View Post
    I will be getting a new road bike, one that is on my short list is this one https://www.orrobikes.com/bikes/road/gold-stc-potenza Orro Gold Potenza. The frame has a BB30 bottom bracket and the bike itself comes with a Token PF30 so it can take Shimano and Campy cranks. Will this work ok or will it be prone to creak, groans and high maintenance like some of the other BB30 bottom brackets?
    There's a lot of talk about this issue and I had been kind of smug because my bikes still had threaded standard BB shells. However, I've just bought a new bike with a BB30 and on its first two rides, albeit separated by 6 weeks because I was knocked off and broke my collar bone on the first!, it started making a moaning noise after 20 minutes into the ride. After that it shut up. When the bike went in to have SRAM eTap fitted I mentioned this to the mechanic and he said it happens because when they are assembled often they are put in too dry and he said he'd whip it out and re-grease it. Its still OK but then I've only done a few hundred miles. I guess you pay's yer money and takes yer chance.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

I'd imagine that this will work fine with Potenza. Its generally the Shimano BB converters that creak.

V Nice Bike!
    "Training is also a battle" - Kim Jong-Un

I have a BB30 with Shimano BB converter on my road bike, and it creaks if you ignore it. You need to grease it every few months, and tighten the crank bearing gradually to reduce crank end float as the grease evaporates. It's a slight pain, but bearable, and ensures I inspect and service the bike regularly, which is no bad think.
    "Go forth and ride your bike". Courtesy of Me 2015.

Thanks for the info. much appreciated.