Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Beware Acycles online retailer

I recently spent £896.33 on new Mavic Wheels and pedals at Acycles in November last year. To date I have received no delivery from them, no apology (as you can't get hold of anyone) and no refund or any responses to the emails I have sent them. I'm now having to resort to a legal trail to get my money back!! Caviat Emptor

Oh dear, that's not good, sorry to hear that. I must admit I have never heard of them, and would only buy expensive itemes on-line from someone I knew and trusted, e.g. Ribble wiggle, or whatever.
    "Go forth and ride your bike". Courtesy of Me 2015.

Never buy from a company that doesn't even list their address, Or company number or VAT number.

Basic checks before buying anything online.

Bit naughty having a .co.uk web address for a French company.

If you paid by credit card then you may have recourse for a refund from the CC co.

Hope you get a successful resolution soon, thanks for the heads up anyway from anyone thinking of ordering.
    "Training is also a battle" - Kim Jong-Un

Bit naughty having a .co.uk web address for a French company.
    This practise seems to be getting more widespread, especially on places like Ebay. I've bought a few items which supposedly are from a UK retailer to find they are delivered direct from China! All the purchases were for very small amounts(and as it happens some bike bits like the speed/cadence sensor I recently got) less than £10 so if it went tits up then not an issue but I definitely wouldn't fancy buying a high price item from an unknown source.
    All the gear and no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    All the purchases were for very small amounts(and as it happens some bike bits like the speed/cadence sensor I recently got) less than £10 so if it went tits up then not an issue but I definitely wouldn't fancy buying a high price item from an unknown source.
    I think that is the trick - if it is really tempting, buy a low value item first and suss out the service. I bought a new snowboard last year from an Austrian site, it was 30% less than UK based retailers but I bought something inexpensive first. Both purchases went well but now because of Brexit and the exchange rate they're not so competitive anyway.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

If the price is too good to be true ...then it usually is!!
    sorry to hear your troubles, if I ever buy from a new source the first thing I do is look for ..Trusted reviews , then ask on any cycling forum
    before ordering!...I hope you get your money back

I used them in the past (as have a few other folk I know) and no real problems. Sometimes the deliveries were really quick and sometimes they took a bit longer!

Seem to recall there was a tracking option but don't hold me to that!

As has said they are French/based in France but with just a UK Customer service contact.

To be clear here - there shouldn't be any doubt about this being a legit company/website - that much I can assure you (unless they've turned rogue since I dealt with them last!! ) but I appreciate that doesn't help you with what is essentially your customer service issue of having them deal with queries/customer contact etc.

Did I mention they are French!?

I think in your case you're well within your rights to start out as if this is a case of fraud!

Two well know things about France.
    1. Customer service is virtually non existent.
    2. A problem ignored is a problem solved.

P.S. I know, I live there.

Hope you get it resolved.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Here is their trading name, etc.

SARL 2JBIKE EUROPE
    21 RUE CHARLES CHOLAT,
    ZI NORD EST MONTREYNAUD,
    42000 SAINT ETIENNE - FRANCE
    Tél : 04 28 04 05 83
    Immatriculée au RCS de Saint Etienne sous le n°2011 B00923
    SIRET : 533 396 875 00031
    N° TVA intracommunautaire : FR67533396875

From the UK the phone number is; 00 33 4 28 04 05 83
    Maybe you could get someone who speaks French to call them for you. (Sorry, my French is not up to scratch).

The Siret number is their company registration.
    The TVA number is their VAT info'.

Hope that helps a bit.

Les.
    Train hard, fight easy.