Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Geometry comparisons - a new thing we made

Hello

A friend and I built a website to gather bike geometry and make it easy to compare.

It's here: https://geometrygeeks.bike

You can add a bike, wiki-style, then easily compare it side-by-side with another.

For example, your current bike vs a few on your wishlist Give it a try!

It's only a few weeks old and we're doing this in our spare time, but it's already got over 900 bikes in the database. We're starting to pick up momentum with a number of manufacturers getting involved.

We have a long term ambition to be the biggest and most useful resource for bike geometry. We're looking for feedback - what's useful? What works, what doesn't? What would you like to see?

Cheers!

Bob

Good tool Bob. I compared my new summer bike with my current bike and found some useful stuff there. Almost exactly the same but a slight difference in stack.

What a good idea!

Can I suggest a useful feature would be to find bikes with similar geometries, i.e. allow the user to select their own bike and then search for a type of bike or particular manufacturer, specify a tolerance, say 5% and find bikes with geometries within the specified tolerance (for certain measurements).

Also would be good to compare multiple bikes side by side and highlight visually the major differences in the geometry.

Good luck!

Oh, and I think the top tube and seat tube measurements have been mixed up for most of the recent Specialized Roubaix models (I have been known to do a bit of software testing from time to time).

Cheers guys!

A 'find similar' search is something we've talked about, so I'll add your feedback to our notes

And highlighting differences - yes we have some good ideas about that too. Watch this space!

And for the Roubaix... urgh I'm sure it was me who added them, back before we had any smart upload tools. That'll be an erroneous copy-paste in Excel by yours truly. I'll sort it!

B

For info, rogue Roubaix (and Ruby) geometry data fixed.

Over 1000 bikes now. Thanks to everyone who's added bikes and sent us feedback!

Bob

For the 'future developments' folder...

Could the site in some way look at the data and relative measurements of a bike and be able to come up with some likely handling and comfort characteristics?

Or conversely, could the site recommend frames based on criteria the user selects?
    "Training is also a battle" - Kim Jong-Un

Hello - these are things we're thinking about, yes... quite a bit of work involved to make the former good enough to be usable, but the latter is should be do-able in the medium term. On the list

An excellent and informative site. Good luck with your endeavour.

A couple of ideas come to mind. Not all manufacturers provide stack and reach data or trail information which are useful measures when comparing. They can generally be calculated from provided information. Would it be too much to ask for a calculator?

Cheers John

Yeah you're right about all of that - we've been thinking about calculators. Trouble is that they would normally need to make assumptions about things like headset stack... our quick maths said getting it wrong by 10mm was quite significant for both reach and stack. Would it be enough to mark a value as calculated, therefore with some uncertainty attached?