carbon handlebars

Are their any pointers as to what to look for in a carbon bar? do's and don'ts etc. thanks in advance.
    Gary.

Beware that there are plenty of counterfeit carbon components on EBay which are considerably cheaper than the real thing. If you find something which seems too cheap, it's best avoided.

I recently bought a set. For me weight and stiffness were the important factors. I do like the aero look but they are generally heavier. Check out reviews and take it from there.

Not sure about carbon bars... my concern being that they are likely to take the brunt of any impact, even an 'unclip fail'. A sudden bar failure due to a small fracture would be a very bad thing indeed.

I would go for a set that is from one of the 'big name' manufacturers, and from a recognized retailer for the reasons Flatlander says.
    "Training is also a battle" - Kim Jong-Un

Thanks for the input guys. The comments about the cheap Ebay ones is enlightening as that is why I ask. Circa 40 sounds cheap, and probably is too cheap. The thought of a fracture failure is not one to be dismissed, the cheap price has to be tempered against quality control, that is assuming there is QC.
    Gary.

Don't go for the all in one bars stem....my last set of integrals got cracks around the stem clamp....so now I've gone for separate carbon bars and use a alloy deda stem.
    also worth mentioning if your going to use carbon components then get yourself a torque wrench and some carbon paste, as overtightening is going to cause cracks/fails

nothing is fail proof .....remember the men's time trail at last years oylmpics, one of them had a carbon bar fail...

I don't agree with the concerns re carbon handlebar failure. If carbon is so brittle why have a carbon frame?

I do agree that 40 carbon handlebars on EBay are a bad idea.

I just bought a new set of carbon bars from Germany. Not fitted them yet. However they are so light they feel like kids plastic handlebars from a toy bike. Will be interesting to see if they are as stiff as the aluminium version of the bars I have. They weren't made in Germany, made in Taiwan was on the packaging.