Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canyon Aeroad Alternatives

So im in love with the Aeroad, havent fully decided on disc's or not. However due to the expense and Canyon's inability to offer any interest free or payent options I would have to stick this purchase on a credit card so would eventually incur some interest costs and wondered if there were any decent alternatives people could recommend?

It must have an integrated stem/handlebar (just because it looks awesome)
    Must be DI2 or Etap
    Must have the DI2 junction box hidden away and not strapped to the stem
    Not be crazy expensive

I've searched and cannot find a suitable alternative so hopefully someone will be able to offer one or two!?

Canyon's apparent inability to deliver a bike when promised would also put me off!

Trek Madone or Specialized Venge worth a look, but megabucks.

I have an Argon18 Nitrogen which is a fantastic bike, the equal of an Aeroad I would suggest... the latest generation Pro comes with integrated stem/bars, and can be specced with Di2.

Were it me, I'd buy a frame and do a build with eTap.

Won't be cheap though...
    "Training is also a battle" - Kim Jong-Un

I agree with Mr PRS - build it if you can, not sure many other manufacturers spec decent aero wheelsets with mid-range bikes, only top-end ones. Otherwise Scott's new Foil is supposed to be really good. If it were me, I'd also look at a Cervelo S3 or S5 frameset.

The new Bianchi oltre xr4 get excellent writes up as well

I have the 1st gen Aeroad, and whilst I love it, I would seriously think twice before buying from Canyon again. Their multiple cock-ups in what should be the most straight forward customer service means the next time I part with my hard earned folding, I would go to a flesh and blood provider. I do like the BMC Timemachine, but it's considerably more. How about the Giant Propel? Reasonable money, proven machine, I think Giant do an integrated bar/stem combo, if not, it's not the biggest or best upgrade. But would need to be a murdered out black, cos they're colour schemes aren't too inspiring! If I was going non-aero, Cannondale Super Six Evo for that simple classic geometry. As they say, 'The choice is yours'!

Some good suggestions, though a lot of cash for some of them. Yeah massive fan of the murdered out black look, those new giant and cannondales colour schemes will look very outdated in a couple of years imho.
    My current bike is an old super six evo, I rate it highly, though it just lacks that something special if that makes any sense, probably just the look of it tbh.
    I did look at building my own, very expensive again but at least I wouldn't want to change anything.

What sort of budget are you looking at? It's tough to recommend suitable bikes/frames without an idea - mentioning eTap and Di2 had me thinking you were looking at 4k+

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Never heard a single person say they ordered a Canyon and it arrived no problem, such a shame.

Hi,
    I'm a newbie here! I bought an Aeroad frame last year, it took ages to come and customer service was really bad. However, the bike is excellent, married up with eTap and 404 wheels. I'll try and load some pics if anyone's interested?

I ordered an Aeroad Disc Di2 on 9th Jan with an estimated delivery of mid Feb. This was moved back to mid March due to parts being unavailable.
    I'm not too bothered with the late delivery as I don't plan to start riding it until the weather improves.

It would be nice to look at it though

Alernatives I looked at
    - Spesh Venge Vias : 2k more for the same spec
    - Ridley Noah SL Disc : the wheels and frame colour put me off
    - BMC Timemachine : looked too much like a Tri bike
    - Cervelo : too expensive for the same spec
    - Giant Propel : not available with discs yet
    Last edited by Aeroad; 25th February 2017 at 9:56 PM.