Possibly for Sale R872 - Brand New Unused - Advice on Valuation

Hi,

Due to continued ill health it has been some time since I last posted.

I've just taken delivery of a 2016 Ribble R872, full spec which I will list, but |I am thinking that I have opted for the wrong frame size - medium instead of large. Anyway, because of continued GI issues, it may be some time before I can actually resume any form of cycling, and I also may be moving home.

Therefore I am thinking of selling the bike now, in new unused condition. Before I do so I would like some guidance from more experienced forum members on what the bike is realistically worth. Spec is as follows:-

Frame and Fork - 2016 R872
    Groupset - Full Ultegra 6800 Mechanical
    Chainset - 50 / 34
    Cassette - 11-25
    Bar - Deda Superzero
    Stem - Deda Zero 1
    Seatpost - the only bit I don't know
    Wheels - 2015 Mavic Ksyrium Pro SLS (these have only covered 230 dry miles)
    Tyres - Continental Gatorskin
    Wheels - 2017 Mavic Ksyrium Elite
    Tyres - Continental Gatorskin
    Saddle - Selle Italia X1

The bike has not seen any tarmac and is sitting in my kitchen. To cut a long story short I purchased what I thought was a medium size 105 spec with Shimano RS11 wheels and standard bars. Due to an error in sizing, I ended up receiving a large. Anyway, after communication with Ribble, which i have to say was always very good, I decided to get upgraded bits fitted to a medium frame, which is what I had originally purchased.

I had originally specified Mavic Ksyrium Elite with white decals and hubs, but due to end of year, Ribble returned all of their 2016 stock and my bike came with black stealth Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels. I have returned these and am now being told that Ksyrium with white decals, white hubs no longer available, will be delivered in March.

Since then i have gone out and purchased the Ksyrium Pro SLS, which have only covered 230 dry miles, and I have had Gatorskin tyres fitted.

Still with me? I hope so.

So, I am wondering whether to see if I can get all of the bits fitted to a large 2016 R872 frame, if Ribble have any in stock, or whether to simply sell the bike and start again. In terms of wheels it currently has the Ksyrium Pro SLS fitted, and looks very good with them, the white hubs and spoke matching the R872 frame very nicely.

With regards the Ksyrium Elite wheels, I have enquired about red, or might just ask for the originally supplied black ones back and either sell these on their own or fit to the bike and keep the SLS Pro's.

Back to me original question. Given the spec of my bike, how much should I be asking? And is anyone interested? Brand new R872, medium frame, all bits unused (apart from the Ksyrium Pro SLS - Gatorskin tyres unused as just fitted).

I can supply pictures for those interested, or if they will help with valuation, or I'll try and post on here. The bike looks fantastic (although I do think that stem needs spacers removing anf cutting down), but as I say, maybe should have gotten large, and circumstances may dictate my cycling has to wait longer than expected.

Kind regards,

Darren
    Last edited by Daremm; 1 Week Ago at 7:05 PM.

Sorry, the seatpost is black, presume it to be alloy. If I were keeping the bike I'd be upgrading to either Deda Superleggero or Superzero.

Tried to upload photos, but not working.

How much did you pay ? Knock off 25% and put it on eBay. See if you get any bites.
    "Go forth and ride your bike". Courtesy of Me 2015.