Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar

The Official Giro D'Italia 2017 thread

Bit early I know but I wanted to get in there first! haha

Little bit on the Beeb from G talking about his campaign for the first GT this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/39596573

Grovelled up a few of the Giro climbs last year. Stage 16 is hideous, Mortirolo and two ascents of the Stelvio.

I would have liked to have seen Aru race it this year, but seems he's out of action. I am behind Astana this year as they're riding Argon18!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

What gearing did you have? Must be so cool to see the Pros go up roads you have punished yourself on! Can't wait, just hope I can get round the Letape.

Remind me again what happened again? I do seem to remember hearing something that I have duly forgotten. Isn't Astana a big load of cheats though?!

32/34, which at times was not enough! Got round the Alps on a 27, but not sure I'd recommend it, particularly on a tough day like the Etape.

Aru crashed on a descent in training, knackered his knee. Astana are tainted by the involvement of Vinokurov, who has an interesting history along with a number of unfortunate revelations regarding a few of their riders, and a certain Mr Armstrong who rode for them. But that's all in the past!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

The other half bought me the Potenza 32 cassette for me Bday the other day. Just need the longer arm rear mech now to go with. No way I would attempt it without.

Wasn't Bertie with them too? Not sure if the beef was with Astana or someone else though. Bad injury then, I take it!

lost in the blinding whiteness of the tundra
    I'm not sure Astana's cheating mentality is so much in the past,

https://youtu.be/K0Db10odClg

Quote Originally Posted by Lee C View Post
    I'm not sure Astana's cheating mentality is so much in the past,

https://youtu.be/K0Db10odClg

That was just hilarious... the sad thing was Nibs seemed to be going well to start with, before he umm got his bibs stuck round the door mirror.

That was hilarious! Ooh I've accidentally found myself doing 40+ up this hill! Ha ha

And for those of us that are too tight to pay for sky, Giro highlights are being shown daily at 10pm on Quest, a freeview channel.

Did they say during LBL that one of the Yates brothers has been pulled from the Giro?!