Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    And for those of us that are too tight to pay for sky, Giro highlights are being shown daily at 10pm on Quest, a freeview channel.
    You PRSboy, have just made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Did they say during LBL that one of the Yates brothers has been pulled from the Giro?!
    Yes, Simon is going to Le Tour instead. Adam is still riding the Giro as team leader.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Fair play. What happened to Chaves' knee?

Who's gonna win it then????
    Lets have a top three.

Need a climber who can time trial.

Quintana
    Thomas
    Pinot
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

For sure.

Quintana
    Tom Dom
    Thomas

It's hard to bet against the 45 year old colombian, he could put it out of reach on a couple of those big climbs.
    Tom Dom will sit further down the GC and then murder the time trial. Thomas will be solid for three weeks, Pinot will look good then find a way to spaff it somehow, lose minutes, get a 'stomach problem' and probably DNF.
    Hard to put Nibali outside the top three though and the other Dutchman who's name I can never spell properly.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Old Man Quintana has been having a quiet season so far non?! Not heard much if anything?!

What happened to Froome in Romandie? Do we have anything to worry about?

Hi, anyone any experience of watching a Giro stage? I'm going to stage 9 with a mate, finishing at the Blockhaus. I know the area well, we are planning to ride from Francavilla, where the route turns inland, to the finish, near the top of the Maiella mountain.
    The Giro site suggests the stage starts at 1 pm and could be over around 4 pm if they are going for it. Can anyone tell me when the road will be closed to cars and cyclists? We hope to ride beyond the finish to the summit (about 400m more climbing) and then get back to the finish. I'm guessing we won't be able to stand on the start/finish line, and will have to be several hundred metres down stage from there? Should we take a lock for the bikes?

Thomas
    Kruijswijk
    Quintana

Probably Quintana then.

Thomas for the win? I mean, I think he's great, real good solid rider and seems to of learnt how to attack uphill recently but for the win in a 3 week'er?