Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Road bike (wheelset enquiry)

Hi guys iam from india .i need your little suggestion.i have Btwin FC5 white(55) size Shimano 105 groupset 10speed .i want to replace my current (stock) wheelset Shimano RS10 is (damaged). iam looking for Mavic Aksium one but its not available

this are available

Garda A42 - Pro-Lite
    DT SWISS R 24 SPLINE
    Campagnolo Khamsin G3
    Fulcrum Racing 7 LG
    Vittoria TACTIC
    Vittoria ALUSION

please suggest me about entry level Alloy wheelset ...please reply
    Btwin FC5

Hi Savit I have Fulcrum 4s, can't fault them. Not keen on my DT Swiss 1.0s they bent rather easily.

What is road cycling like in India please tell us more.

Just come back from a few days on a rented road bike which had Fulcrum Racing 7s. These bikes are used by all sorts of riders and seem to stand up to tough use well- I recommend them.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Personally I like DT Swiss wheels and have had no problems at all with mine albeit they are hand built 2.2 rims on 240s hubs. I don't like Campagnolo wheels because tyres are very difficult to fit. I had a pair of Fulcrum racing 4 for a very short time and found them sluggish. I have no experience of the others but from the specs the only one I would choose other than the DT Swiss is the Vittoria Alusion, they are both considerably lighter than the others, unfortunately they are also the most expensive.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    I have a pair of ancient Racing 1s with super fat aero spokes, solid as a bl00dy rock, run as true as the day I got them.

Have noticed since losing the use of my Hybrid and using my old road bike recently, that the fat spokes react less favourably in the sidewinds than the much deeper Zipp 404s, proof that all their tech jargon does seem to bear some merit.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

ok this final should i to go for Fulcrum Racing Quattro Clincher LG or Campagnolo Scirocco H35 mm or i am a bit confused about Zonda or Eurus or SHAMAL ULTRA or Shamal Mille...please reply
    Last edited by savithk; 10th June 2017 at 6:01 PM.
    Btwin FC5

Zonda's are premium wheels, Eurus a tad lighter and then Shamal are the top of the Campy range for alu rims, Shamal have hybrid ceramic bearings and carbon fibre hubs. I am/was very happy with Zonda's, Campy are known for great bearings. Scirocco are a level below Zonda but still run very nicely if a bit heavier than the others. Can't recommend Mavic, they just don't roll as smoothly as Campy.

"Can't recommend Mavic" What are you basing that on Elliot? What Mavic wheels have you used?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Q View Post
    "Can't recommend Mavic" What are you basing that on Elliot? What Mavic wheels have you used?
    That was the most lucid post from Eliot for a while but I think he's still on some mind altering substance. Perhaps he's only used cheap Mavic wheels with seized bearings?
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by savithk View Post
    ok this final should i to go for Fulcrum Racing Quattro Clincher LG or Campagnolo Scirocco H35 mm or i am a bit confused about Zonda or Eurus or SHAMAL ULTRA or Shamal Mille...please reply
    I have just bought some carbon Roval wheels, highly recommended. Very light and and stiff. Save up and go for the carbon, I say.