Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello

Quote Originally Posted by OETKB-YENTC View Post
    And what we lack in educated guess work we make up for in stupidity and sarcasm
    And what we lack in stupidity and sarcasm we make up for with intransigence.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by Lataxe View Post
    Whilst impressed by your conquer of the little access hatches I have to point out that such skills are like the ability to play the fanglehorn with added belpbox - it's a remarkable achievement but quite unnecessary as such instruments are redundant to music, introducing as they do a certain honking-squeak to the lilts and arpeggios that are distracting and over-complex.

As to these "new conceptions" and "the bright future" - I fear you have become utopian and will therefore be in for a great disappointment when your utopia turns out to have 999 unforeseen conditions, each with 999 unintended consequences. For example ..........

The internal cables in your frame, being unseen, will get up to rascally tricks. They will be rubbing and wearing through the tubes. They will be banging on the same tubes, which amplify the racket as you ride along. One day you will lose a little access hatch, which you cannot find a replacement for. Water will flow into the hole (perhaps it already does go down the hatch) where it combines oxygen and iron down in your gubbins somewhere to cause a rot.

Meanwhile, you decide to produce a spread sheet of your maintenance time on the bike and discover that you have spent 67 hours mucking about with cables and little access hatches on one bike, whereas I have spent just 8.3 hours over my whole 60 years of cycling.

Also, the extra bends in your cables ruin their slick function and the lack of brake modulation causes you to brake over-hard causing a skid & crash into the junction at the bottom of a steep hill, where a tractor runs you over.

But you may not get this far, as all your bright-future gizmos are driving you to despondency with their mocks of your efforts, so you eventually give up cycling, get a large motorbike and do a born-again death swoop into a drystone wall.....

Lataxe, a conservative (not that kind of Conservative).
    Ah, but think of the aero effects, and the unsightly external cables dangling around like old wire rope. I have to say I was impressed by the internal cable routing, which cleverly avoids the potential for tight bends and frame-rattling. Fear not the new, embrace change old boy.

Gasper (usually happy to wait for others to try out new fangled ideas).

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    I have to say I was impressed by the internal cable routing, which cleverly avoids the potential for tight bends and frame-rattling.
    Not at all necessarily. There are many reports of internal cables ratting and whats worse you can't get at them. I rejected a Storck because the rear brake cable was rattling inside the top tube. And the same cable on my Supersix bends at the point it goes into the head tube every time the front wheel is steered anything more than a few degrees to the extent the plastic coating on the outer casing has split.
    OMG, we're both stating to sound like Laxative!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Here we may agree, as when a fangle becomes a well-developed and error free thing, courtesy of all the fools buying the bleeding edge early varieties of new-fangle, one may step in and get a proper one; also much cheaper than the "invented before their time" items, which can anyway be got for nothing out of the landfill.

But certain items are redundant from the start and are more "pointless fashion frippery" than fangle. I mean, how often do you get out your hula-hoop or the machine that makes sugary water fizzy at 5X the price of buying it ready made in a pop bottle? If we're talking bike bits, I must ask if you still have that Kirk Precision frame (or rather, the several broken parts of it) made out of magnesium.

I suspect that you are, in fact, something a new-fangler on the sly. This can be checked by an examination of the darker recesses of the old cupboard in your shed or that corner of the loft with lots of spider's webs in it.

Lataxe

Hello guys,
    I am a new member and I am crazy about motorcycle. Unfortunately in my country motorcycle is forbidden for women.

Quote Originally Posted by nxzx View Post
    Hello guys,
    I am a new member and I am crazy about motorcycle. Unfortunately in my country motorcycle is forbidden for women.
    That's not a problem, they shouldn't be allowed out of the kitchen anyway.

Hmmm dunno, they need to go to the bedroom as well....
    All the gear and no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by nxzx View Post
    Hello guys,
    I was also going to make some racist/misogynist comment but the it dawned upon me that this my be a cry for help from a woman who genuinely wants to talk about motorbikes but can't with anyone in her own country.

nxzx: sorry about by fellow countrymen but I'm afraid that this is a forum about bicycles not motorbikes so you're in the wrong place. On the other hand if your some sort of male troll - f*** off.