Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Ooooooh, great build up to Le Tour! Bardet descending on roads he knows is a joy to watch, mind!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/40092052
    I like Merckx line - 'I hope I'm still alive'

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tungate View Post
    I haven't seen the route yet but he can't time trial for toffee!
    I can't remember where I read it, but it said that the route should suit him well. He can climb and descend v well, but much depends on how AG2R can support him.

TomDum for the double I say!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    That would be a turn up for the books! Just how much can we say TomDom did it on himself? I never really saw his team controlling anything.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    TomDum for the double I say!
    I would doubt he will be riding, more likely go for a Giro/Vuelta double.

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    That would be a turn up for the books! Just how much can we say TomDom did it on himself? I never really saw his team controlling anything.
    It may a bit unfair to say that, we don't get to see the first part of the stages where a lot of the hard work is done and although admittedly he usually was short on mountain domestiques by the final climb, he did thank his team for saving him on his un jour sans. Anyway he had Adam Yates, Bob Jungels and Laurens Ten Dam as de-facto team mates. I think there will be a debt of honour due for them in the future.
    Last edited by coolboarder; 31st May 2017 at 1:46 PM.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

I thought Ten Dam was an actual as opposed to virtual Sunweb team mate... seemed to do a good job.

I was impressed with Bob Jungels- reckon he'll go far. It'll be interesting seeing these young riders like Yates and Geoghegan Hart coming up through the ranks.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Yeah, LTD was on his team! He was Team Captain with the most experience!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

I thought Ten Dam was an actual as opposed to virtual Sunweb team mate... seemed to do a good job.
    You are correct. Maybe I was thinking about Stephen Kruijswijk who in any case was a shadow of himself last year.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

There was certainly a Dutch/Northern European contingent happy to help Tom! Clearly a well-liked bloke in the peloton.

There was certainly a Dutch/Northern European contingent happy to help Tom! Clearly a well-liked bloke in the peloton.
    I was telling a non-cycling Dutch friend of mine, who is married to a Spaniard, about how the gentlemanly Dutchman waited for the unfortunate Quintana when he crashed but when the table was turned his cowardly Spanish team didn't exactly reciprocate, and how it could be the basis of an interesting family discussion!

He replied, 'If I brought up these obviously different national characteristics my balls would be crushed in a vice and afterwards I'd be chased down the street by a herd of marauding bulls'.

Seems about right! haha