Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    He did show us a glimmer of hope yesterday though! Was he sandbagging do we think?
    Yup, much more promising. I don't think it was just a bluff, sink or swim move he did after all distance Bertie and Valv Piti.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Me thinks that was an all out slog to show that he means business, now that the move to BMC is not on and his staying with Sky.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    What a week of racing it's been! Watching the final stage now, it's blown apart!
    "Im glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Im a bilingual illiterate I cant read in two languages."

Cracker wunnit!

Well it looks as though le Tour will be between Porte and Froomedog. Fulsang has had his day of glory, Dan Martin is too inconsistent. Contador was holding himself back under team orders - who are they kidding?, Chaves is way off the pace, The Old Man will be exhausted after il Giro, Bardet hasn't quite got what it takes in the time trials, Aru was beaten by his own team mate, Valv Piti will exhaust himself in the service of the Old Man before he makes a few futile attacks.

My money is on Froome getting up to full steam in the next 3 weeks, Porte will have one big un jour sans.
    Last edited by coolboarder; 12th June 2017 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typo
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

That last stage was something else, I dared believe it was going to be Froome's at one point, but of course no one helped him up the final climb. Michal K was a hero, incredible how he delivered Froome to the bottom of the final.

Really enjoyed the week's racing! CB may be on the money with the battle being between Froome and Porte.
    "Im glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Im a bilingual illiterate I cant read in two languages."

Whoever wins will be very dependent upon strengths of support riders, way too early to say between just two riders.
    All the gear and no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    I dared believe it was going to be Froome's at one point, but of course no one helped him up the final climb. Michal K was a hero, incredible how he delivered Froome to the bottom of the final.
    He had more help around him than Porte, at least MK was there for a while when all BMC had gone AWOL.

Talking of Mical Kwiatkowski, it was amusing how the commentators can't translate Polish names and called him Kiacowski! I kept wondering who this new rider was until i realised it was 'kaviatakovski'!!
    Last edited by coolboarder; 12th June 2017 at 2:50 PM.

He's a super strong rider! He's having a great year.

As stated, Porte had to do everything on his own on that final climb.

Right, finally caught up with my recordings of CdD. What a final stage!

What happened to the BMC team though? Not quite sure what point Porte was trying to make saying others sacrificed their place on the podium just to make sure he did not win. Presumably aimed at Froome, though surely Froome was trying for the win but just did not have it in the end.

I was proud to see an Argon18 on the podium, haha!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone