Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    What happened to the BMC team though? Not quite sure what point Porte was trying to make saying others sacrificed their place on the podium just to make sure he did not win. Presumably aimed at Froome, though surely Froome was trying for the win but just did not have it in the end.
    I think there's a bit of paranoia there. I would be more pissed off with the 4 second time bonus he missed out on when Froomedog blocked his sprint on stage 6 which was exactly the same time he lost the race by!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Hmm, indeed. Funnily enough the presenter made just that point at the time, saying he wondered if Porte would be so chilled if he lost the overall by 4 secs!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Best final stage I think I have ever seen!

Didn't hear him say that, I'd say most people were conspired against Froome personally.

Thought you might be! haha
    "I’m glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, I’m a bilingual illiterate… I can’t read in two languages."

Its been a long time, well, OK, since the Giro where I've seen the final stage determine the race. This was more exciting though as it was a race rather than TT.

It took some doing, to avoid the result until I'd watched it a week later.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    I thought Froome was going to do it, then matee snuck off up the road whilst I was in a state of Froome delirium.

I bet it did, was surprised to see this thread resurrected.
    "I’m glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, I’m a bilingual illiterate… I can’t read in two languages."