Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tour De Suisse?

Tour De Suisse?

Beautiful scenery, decent racing but it's doing nothing for me the year.
    It's the Dauphine B for sure..

Anybody have any interest or is following it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tungate View Post
    Beautiful scenery, decent racing but it's doing nothing for me the year.
    It's the Dauphine B for sure..

Anybody have any interest or is following it?
    Lack of star team leaders and a weak Sky team dilute the interest. That said Tao G-H is in a handy position. Lets hope someone gives him a catchy nickname!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

A lot of televised cycling at the moment.. I'll be burned out come Vuelta.

Indeed. I still have the highlights of the Dauphine to finish and the Ladies ToB!

And its the Tour in the not to distant future.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Indeed. I still have the highlights of the Dauphine to finish and the Ladies ToB!

And its the Tour in the not to distant future.
    Highlights and Ladies ToB together in the same sentence is an oxymoron. It is formulaic and boring, sorry ladies but you need to up your act. And even if it was exciting could you put up with Hugh Porter's commentary?
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    This has been the first time I've tuned in, it does seem dull for some reason. I know a lot of the Pros have hit their top speeds on the event.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Blimey... Likely to be a proper rather than GPS speed as they will have wheel speed sensors.
    http://road.cc/content/news/224277-i...ur-during-race

@CB- I've always enjoyed the ladies racing more than the mens as the stages are shorter and they seem to attack more rather than lounge around in groups til the end like the blokes.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

That's mental if it's accurate. I saw Dowsett saying on Stravo that he thought his top speed of the day was'nt accurate due to GPS going through the tunnels, as in too fast...
    This race is known for the riders hitting their top speeds.
    83mph - no ta..

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Yeah seen Cav on GCN saying Cancellara (god knows how you spell it) hit similar speeds there one year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT2MwG9gMgI
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tungate View Post
    That's mental if it's accurate. I saw Dowsett saying on Stravo that he thought his top speed of the day was'nt accurate due to GPS going through the tunnels, as in too fast...
    This race is known for the riders hitting their top speeds.
    83mph - no ta..
    To be fair, the difference between how dead one would be falling off at 60 and 80 is probably irrelevant!