Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tour De Suisse?

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    I've always enjoyed the ladies racing more than the mens as the stages are shorter and they seem to attack more rather than lounge around in groups til the end like the blokes.
    Didn't seem to be the case this year and Huge Porter just makes me asleep, Rochelle Gilmore isn't a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tungate View Post
    This race is known for the riders hitting their top speeds.
    No doubt something to do with the mountains then?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tungate View Post
    83mph - no ta..
    Done it on skis, that would have hurt enough if I'd fallen, don't fancy it on the road.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    Didn't seem to be the case this year and Huge Porter just makes me asleep, Rochelle Gilmore isn't a lot better.

No doubt something to do with the mountains then?!
    [/COLOR]Done it on skis, that would have hurt enough if I'd fallen, don't fancy it on the road.
    Sort of... there is something about the topography of the descents in Switzerland that allow particularly high speeds. I read of one there which is like a runway... dead straight for a long time, so you can see and let yourself go. Also knowing Switzerland the road surfaces are perfect.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Also knowing Switzerland the road surfaces are perfect.
    I think this is a major factor and the bends and gradients are well engineered to allow more constant speeds.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.