Bike ordered, now for pedals

Right, after months of research, pondering and procrastination I've bitten bullet, pulled the trigger and just this minute ordered this:

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/road/en...f-9-0-di2.html

So, question now about what pedals to go for. Tempted to just go for Ultegra SPD ones but what about Look Keo Max 2? Half the price, same weight and had good reviews.

Ordered two bottle cages and ass saver with bike, apparently delivery 3rd-7th July. We shall see as Canyon used to have terrible issues with delivery, supposedly resolved now.
    All the gear and no idea.

Should be a fantastic bike! Will be interested to see if Canyon have indeed solved their customer service issues.

If it were me, I'd run with the Ultegra, because they 'match' the groupset. I don't feel the Looks bring anything new, unlike say, Speedplay. Also, I was cycling with a chap once who suffered a broken Look pedal, snapped off at the shaft on a climb. Sort of put me off, though of course there could have been myriad reasons for it.
    "Training is also a battle" - Kim Jong-Un

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Tempted to just go for Ultegra SPD ones...
    Nice Bike but I presume you mean SPD SL?

I fitted Mavic Zxellium Pro SL carbon pedals to my new Cannondale a) because they are incredibly light (155 gm for the pair) and b) they were half price on Wiggle. Not sure if they are still readily available but they are built under licence and are exactly the same as Time Expressos. They are very easy to clip in and have a lot of float, it almost feels like too much at times and as though you're about to unclip but once you're used to them they are secure enough. The only issue seems to be the cleat is rather fragile for walking around in but I rarely do that when I'm on a road bike.

Never been a fan of Shimano SPD SL and have previously used Look and Campagnolo on my road bikes.
    Last edited by coolboarder; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:46 PM.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Yes SPD SL, I have Shimano R065 shoes, which are SPD or SPD SL compatible. Look pedals come with cleats so would fit.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Got to say it, a mate ordered an Aeroad and it came in a couple of weeks, before the delivery date even! Unheard of!
    "I love this cooking revolution"

I read of one chap online who ordered a bike and it turned up as promised. Then another turned up. They never asked for it back...

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    That's theft then, knowing that they had made a mistake he should have made attempts to return it.... then he can keep it after that if they don't respond.

SPEEDPLAY - have to be put on the bike - you can choose the colour as well - I say RED.
    NOT logging in every and each visit now.
    Going to have to BITE someone soon.
    Amicabili Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Right, after months of research, pondering and procrastination I've bitten bullet, pulled the trigger and just this minute ordered this:

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/road/en...f-9-0-di2.html

So, question now about what pedals to go for. Tempted to just go for Ultegra SPD ones but what about Look Keo Max 2? Half the price, same weight and had good reviews.

Ordered two bottle cages and ass saver with bike, apparently delivery 3rd-7th July. We shall see as Canyon used to have terrible issues with delivery, supposedly resolved now.
    Do you have other bikes with Shimano SPD SL pedals on? I recently contemplated changing pedals to Look as they seemed to be the better bang for buck but the potential sticking point for me was having one pair of shoes and two different makes of pedals.

So if I wanted to make a different bike out (due to e.g. inclement weather) I'd have to change the cleats over on my shoes first which to be frank I couldn't be arsed with.

If you don't have another bike committed to a brand already then personally I'd go for the Look ones. I wish I had started out with them first off TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    That's theft then, knowing that they had made a mistake he should have made attempts to return it.... then he can keep it after that if they don't respond.

SPEEDPLAY - have to be put on the bike - you can choose the colour as well - I say RED.
    It doesn't count if you are stealing from a German company. Look at it as a redistribution of their trade surplus.

Update - bike now due Monday(yippee!) so I've ordered Ultegra pedals - got cheaper through work scheme from Evans cycles.

Tom - yes my current bike has Shimano SPD SL pedals so suppose it makes sense to stick to same type although how often I will ride old bike is another matter!