Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GPS bike computer

Evening all, I'm in the market for a bike computer any recommendations, as I seem to be going around in circles.

Budget?
    What do you want to do with it... nav, or just keep track of data?
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

I use a Garmin 520 and can highly recommend it, wahoo have released a couple of models that get good reviews
    what are your main requirements for a computer, routes ,or cycling data?

I have forsaken Garmin and now have a Mio Cyclo 315 and am very pleased with it. The software is more intuitive than Garmin and the mapping is streets ahead as it comes with a full UK and European mapping built in so you don't have to pay Garmin extra. It is available with HRM and cadence sensors and links with the usual stuff like Strava.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

I have a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and it's excellent so recommend that. And it's aero so can save something like 12 seconds over 50km...
    Last edited by Muffin; 12th July 2017 at 12:27 PM.
    All the gear and no idea.

Recently purchased a Garmin 820 here - no problems so far, I use the live strava segments a lot. Also the mapping is pretty good. We have a forum member who will no doubt be along shortly to advise you to concentrate on enjoying your cycling, and not worry too much about what a computer is telling you, which is pretty good advice actually.
    Last edited by Gasper; 12th July 2017 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    Recently purchased a Garmin 820 here - no problems so far, I use the live strava segments a lot. Also the mapping is pretty good. We have a forum member who will no doubt be along shortly to advise you to concentrate on enjoying your cycling, and not worry too much about what a computer is telling you, which is pretty good advice actually.
    Lataxe look away now : Regarding the Strava live segments, that work well? I'm not a premium member but always getting offers of 3 month trial etc so considered trying it. Whenever I've made a particular effort for a segment it's just remembering approx. start and finish places from map but I suppose with live segments you get a count down then a Go! or whatever to start. Worth trying then you reckon? I'm top 5 in a few around here so tempted to go for KOM whilst I can...
    All the gear and no idea.

I have a Garmin Edge 820 which now seems to be playing ball.Had a few issues over the months and was going to sell it and get an Elemnt Bolt but apart from the hit-and-miss touchscreen recent updates seem to have cured it(Typical Garmin releasing a product still in developement) Has full EU mapping but I don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    I have a Garmin Edge 820
    I've got an 810 - can you tell me how to use the map and speed/dist at the same time? I seem to be stuck with one or t'other!

Thanks for the replies I currently use Strava on my phone but it just drains the battery, I was looking at the elemnt bolt as a bundle for about 250 on there site. Just want a all round unit that will do the same as Strava premium