Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OETKB-YENTC View Post
    I've got an 810 - can you tell me how to use the map and speed/dist at the same time? I seem to be stuck with one or t'other!
    You start your route on the maps page,then scroll to your default/speed distance page and arrows/prompts appear when you need to turn.
    I have 7 features on my default screen and I can use one of them to show "distance to next turn" etc.
    About 100m from a turn a message pops up "turn right onto...road etc then a red arrow as you get nearer.
    I've only used it once(in Mallorca) just out of curiosity!
    My mate has the 810 and it works all identically but without the touch screen.
    There's plenty of "how to" vids on youtube!

Hmm - difficult to replicate sitting watching Le Tour, but if I select the map (no route, just want to see where I am) then the start button, I can't get back to the map. I think that's my issue.

If memory serves, you hold your finger on the map screen and release, then it will give you the option to add data fields to the map screen.

I need to set my 810 up, I'll let you know if I discover how!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Just tried that, nope!

Right I've asked my mate with the 810 and you can't use both together.What you can do is open/start a route in your route/navigation settings then go back to your usual screen and it runs in the background prompting you when you need to turn etc.

Cheers, that's a bit crap! I don't really want directions, just a map of where I am and roads around.

Quote Originally Posted by OETKB-YENTC View Post
    Cheers, that's a bit crap! I don't really want directions, just a map of where I am and roads around.
    On the 820 I can scroll across as it's touchscreen.I thought you could do the same on the 810.

On my 800 I used to scroll back and forth through pages inc the map.

You do have to make sure the map page (and indeed any other pages you want to set up) are selected in your 'training pages' menu.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Just found that - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHDqLUiT-eU is a good guide. Got it working, cheers folks

Well I thought I'd post a update I went for the Wahoo elemnt bolt bundle, arrived quickly with nice packaging, setup was pretty straight forward using the phone app. I was slightly worried about the screen size and the way the maps looked, so the first ride was a 35 mile round trip which I know but thought I would test the routing and it was spot on. Now for the bit that really cherished me off while coming to a stop at the end of the route pressed the button to end route and the screen went blank no info showing at all and a ink bleed from the LCD screen in the corner, to say I'm annoyed is a understatement and after a bit of digging seems to be a common issue so I will see how good there after service is.