Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    Lovely bike Dave, yes i believe that is the case. The ride should be superb. I have a 2013 Roubaix and Mrs Gasper has the ladies version (Ruby)
    I have the 2009 Expert Roubax a well, which is now going to b retired. Cracking piece of kit. Apparently to new one knocks it out of th park though....

As a matter of interest Dave, did you pay 2640 for it? This seems to be the rrp and I checked one out locally and they wouldn't budge on price. After weighing up spec etc I opted for a Canyon Endurace CF 9.0 Di2 which was 2649 and to my mind a higher spec and lighter bike(if that's your thing). Anyway, be keen to hear how you get on with new bike, I'm loving mine. Just need to buy new legs, heart and lungs now....
    All the gear and no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    As a matter of interest Dave, did you pay 2640 for it? This seems to be the rrp and I checked one out locally and they wouldn't budge on price. After weighing up spec etc I opted for a Canyon Endurace CF 9.0 Di2 which was 2649 and to my mind a higher spec and lighter bike(if that's your thing). Anyway, be keen to hear how you get on with new bike, I'm loving mine. Just need to buy new legs, heart and lungs now....
    I paid 2385....discounted as the 2018 is out. It was just hard to track one down in my size...Mr Average apparently...The 2018 starts at 2200 and is not as well spec'd. I have Ultegra and hydraulics instead of cable discs.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Looks like a compact chainset as well Dave.

Very nice paint job - just got to make sure your kit is just a bright now.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Looks like a compact chainset as well Dave.

Very nice paint job - just got to make sure your kit is just a bright now.
    Thanks VLAD. Yes it's a compact with a long cage. 34-32. I was thinking of going black on black for the gear, just to to confuse people. All they will see is an orange bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1963 View Post
    I was thinking of going black on black for the gear, just to to confuse people. All they will see is an orange bike!
    You didn't finish the sentence: All they will see is an orange bike.......lying in the gutter!

I suspect I might have gone over the top with colour co-ordination with my bikes and clothing: all red and black with a flash of white even the wheels, tyres, saddles and shoes. If you're going to totally co-ordinate and not look like a MAMIL with all the gear and no idea you've got to be able to walk the walk (perhaps ride the ride would be better) and kick ass. I believe I do.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    You didn't finish the sentence: All they will see is an orange bike.......lying in the gutter!

I suspect I might have gone over the top with colour co-ordination with my bikes and clothing: all red and black with a flash of white even the wheels, tyres, saddles and shoes. If you're going to totally co-ordinate and not look like a MAMIL with all the gear and no idea you've got to be able to walk the walk (perhaps ride the ride would be better) and kick ass. I believe I do.
    I wear whatever comes out of t drawer TBH. Usually default to whatever was washed last, as it's on top! Generally a light grey jersey with my trusty old Scott RC bibshorts, that whilst getting a bit tired are the most comfortable I have tried....i absolutely have all the gear and no idea, but still get out and get the odd 100k in...

I wear whatever comes out of t drawer TBH. Usually default to whatever was washed last, as it's on top! Generally a light grey jersey with my trusty old Scott RC bibshorts, that whilst getting a bit tired are the most comfortable I have tried....i absolutely have all the gear and no idea, but still get out and get the odd 100k in...
    Dave you are the forum sartorial icon, we have missed you, any pics please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    Dave you are the forum sartorial icon, we have missed you, any pics please ?
    Only if you want to use them to scare young children!

Only if you want to use them to scare young children!
    Ditto !!