Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    lost in the blinding whiteness of the tundra
    This fashion talk always makes me smile, hairy arsed men discussing sock length

Quote Originally Posted by Lee C View Post
    This fashion talk always makes me smile, hairy arsed men discussing sock length
    ��������

lost in the blinding whiteness of the tundra
    Talk of clothing Dave not your new ride mate.

I know, iPad didn't used correct imoji..

Took it out for the first time for a very short 8k, just to check it all out. Very smooth indeed....Gears are super smooth as well. I will probably change the tyres to Contis, but all in all a magnificent machine.....Very happy indeed.

Lovely looking bike Dave, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Q View Post
    Lovely looking bike Dave, enjoy.
    Thanks Mr Q. Got out this morning for 56k. The bike is performing brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1963 View Post
    Thanks Mr Q. Got out this morning for 56k. The bike is performing brilliantly.
    They are nice. Has it got the 11 speed Ultegra ? I do like that when it is new, very crisp and precise, and still going strong after 6,000 miles, although I have replaced the cassette chain and jockey wheels, although I didn't really need to, I could be arsed cleaning them

Hi G, it is the Ultegra 11 front and rear mech, but Praxis chainset and KMC chain. Not Ultegra shifters either. It's a nice spread of gears too, never seem to struggle to find the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    They are nice. Has it got the 11 speed Ultegra ? I do like that when it is new, very crisp and precise, and still going strong after 6,000 miles, although I have replaced the cassette chain and jockey wheels, although I didn't really need to, I could be arsed cleaning them
    I think I would have changed the chain long before 6000 miles before it starts to wear the cassette, jockey wheels and chainrings. Just changed the Dura-ace chain on my Supersix as it had stretched by 0.75 mm, I doubt if its done 2,000 since I got it albeit it was ex demo but I don't think it had done more than few hundred before.

If you're changing jockey wheels its well worth getting sealed ceramic bearings. My Tacx jockey wheels have had no need for maintenance over many thousands of miles and they don't have to cost a fortune
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.