Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    You've got to fancy his chances... plenty of other strong contenders potentially in the running, but no-one with the depth of Sky supporting.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Would be fantastic if he pulls it off! Wonder who will be representing Sky, Michal, G and Landa would be a nice set up. If they're not already burnt out that is.

Interesting point, obviously freshness is quite a big factor for the GC hopefuls, how much does it matter for the domestiques?!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

I wonder if Landa will be in the Team for the Vuelta?According to CW he's done an interview in Spanish stating he's still in negotiations with Sky!?
    If he does leave Sky it will probably be to Movistar....to be 2nd to Quintana......IF he leaves Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    I wonder if Landa will be in the Team for the Vuelta?According to CW he's done an interview in Spanish stating he's still in negotiations with Sky!?
    If he does leave Sky it will probably be to Movistar....to be 2nd to Quintana......IF he leaves Sky.
    Not sure he'll be 2nd to Quintana- I thought he was moving on? He will surely only move to be a leader or he may as well stay where he is, on the winning team...
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Just rumour that Quintana is going to Astana at the mo.That could however change to fact if Landa does indeed sign for Movistar.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    I thought it was all but signed, Landa going to Movistar.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

I doubt Landa will do the Vuelta as he's already done the Giro/Tour. G has indicated he doesn't want to do it so Pete Kennaugh may be a good substitute, he took a good stage at the Dauphine but wasn't quite ready for the Tour and Wout Poels may be fit by then as well with Stannard back in the engine room.

I imagine if Sky offer Landa as much to stay as he would get at Movistar he may realise which side his bread is buttered as he has not shown he can do the job as a team leader.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    I thought it was all but signed, Landa going to Movistar.
    Confirmed but not signed.
    Confirmed basically means he's had talks and indicated he's interested with the right deal on the table.
    If he's prepared to go there as a Domestique I'm sure he'd also be prepared to stay at Sky with an improved deal/promises of future plans for him.

One thing regarding the Vuelta, I watched the Stages podcast of TDF with Lance Armstrong and he is vehemently opposed to the Vuelta. No real explanation given but he was adamant he wouldn't do a podcast of it, couldn't understand why the cyclists entered etc. Seemed odd, so was wondering what the history was? Obviously he has a LOT of history but what explains the big opposition to the Vuelta?
    All the gear and no idea.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    OP Puerto and the blood bags I suppose.

He can be blamed for all that was well, after all he was......

......... the Evil Villain.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!