Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Velothon '18

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    I won't stop at abusing the feed stations either. I'll be demanding a three course dinner with the race organisers in the evening and an all expenses paid weekend away in Paris too.

I think you're being a little touchy tbh Tom. Maybe trying to blag a medal is a little cheeky, but I see no problems with jumping on a closed road event for any duration and I have no intention of using the feed stations.

I know a number of people who jumped on this year's event and they didn't experience any issues. That said, most peeled off before the finish line, but a few went on to finish.
    At the risk of a 'protest too much' scenario I can assure you I'm not being touchy in the slightest. I'm not riding Velothon so whether you jump on or not is of no concern to me. It's a forum, a topic was raised, I expressed my views.

Closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Logan View Post
    At the risk of a 'protest too much' scenario I can assure you I'm not being touchy in the slightest. I'm not riding Velothon so whether you jump on or not is of no concern to me. It's a forum, a topic was raised, I expressed my views.

Closed.
    I do get your point regarding the medal, especially if someone only does a small fraction of an entire ride. Plus other riders will have contributed to the running of the event so that said medals and other perks can be provided, but I still see no issue with jumping on for the course. I always carry my own gels, drink and refreshments so won't stop at the feed stations.

Instead of blagging a medal, I may try stealing one from a tired cyclist at the finish

Ha ha ha....I stole Marty's....as he couldn't do it

marty if you want me to send it to you ....SAE!!...lol