Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    A source confirmed to Cyclingnews that Sagan came down with a temperature on his return to Europe. Sagan’s coach Patxi Vila told Cyclingnews that Sagan had suffered with a sore throat.
    He must have read our posts exposing him.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pete...it-by-illness/

Finally got my bike. It is amazing and not as uncomfortable as I'd thought (I just need to get used to it).

I've only had one ride on it:

- it's so light and easy to pedal
    - it's very responsive
    - I still find my cheap endurance bike more comfortable but I'd need to get used to it.
    - the hydraulic disc breaks are so light to press/apply
    - generally the Ultegra groupset (first time for me) seem so light/easy to click/apply (ie.shifters)
    - the raw finish of the carbon frame does not look bad.

I felt the biggest difference not when I rode the new shiny Ribble on Saturday, but when I returned to my old Whyte on Sunday that I really realised how worlds apart those two bikes are in terms of 'lightness' of riding.

The only downside is that, contrary to what I was led to believe, the laws of gravity still apply. I still need to lose a few pounds to improve my climbing.

I wanted to add its photo in this post but for some reason it won't upload.

Thanks everyone for advice. I've got some questions about this bike but that's for a separate post.

Quote Originally Posted by portia View Post
    Finally got my bike. It is amazing and not as uncomfortable as I'd thought (I just need to get used to it).

I've only had one ride on it:

- it's so light and easy to pedal
    - it's very responsive
    - I still find my cheap endurance bike more comfortable but I'd need to get used to it.
    - the hydraulic disc breaks are so light to press/apply
    - generally the Ultegra groupset (first time for me) seem so light/easy to click/apply (ie.shifters)
    - the raw finish of the carbon frame does not look bad.

I felt the biggest difference not when I rode the new shiny Ribble on Saturday, but when I returned to my old Whyte on Sunday that I really realised how worlds apart those two bikes are in terms of 'lightness' of riding.

The only downside is that, contrary to what I was led to believe, the laws of gravity still apply. I still need to lose a few pounds to improve my climbing.

I wanted to add its photo in this post but for some reason it won't upload.

Thanks everyone for advice. I've got some questions about this bike but that's for a separate post.
    Congrats.

I find my 883 quite comfortable, but I've ridden it most days so it probably didn't take me long to get used to it.

As for the bike weight, it's not up there with the lightest bikes. A mate has a Boardman SLR bike and that feels so much lighter in comparison, but yes, I agree that the 883 is easy to spin and very responsive.

The raw carbon finish doesn't look too bad until you get up close to it and even then, sometimes it only looks bad in certain lights and from certain angles.

And yes, losing those extra pounds will definitely help the climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    Congrats.

I find my 883 quite comfortable, but I've ridden it most days so it probably didn't take me long to get used to it.

As for the bike weight, it's not up there with the lightest bikes. A mate has a Boardman SLR bike and that feels so much lighter in comparison, but yes, I agree that the 883 is easy to spin and very responsive.

The raw carbon finish doesn't look too bad until you get up close to it and even then, sometimes it only looks bad in certain lights and from certain angles.

And yes, losing those extra pounds will definitely help the climbing.

Thank you.

Obviously, I was joking about the disappointment that the bike does not defy gravity laws but I found the biggest speed gains in riding on flats. I did not find it had affected the climbs as much. 883 is 2kg lighter than my old bike, which will inevitably make some difference. The truth is, however, I think it's my strength and weight that are going to be the most important factor.

You always know if your new bike choose is good by how much faster it seems.
    i went from a pina dogma to cippo rb1k...and even tho the cippo isnt as comfy...it's way faster
    congrats on the new steed