Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    My bike fitter from a high end bike shop in London has moved to my LBS. I dropped him a line about the Diverge, he said his new place could do me this bike for 1100 if I was interested. A little more than I wanted to spend, but clearly a better bike and with hydraulic stoppers...

https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/bikes/road-bikes/performance-road/domane/domane-alr/domane-alr-4-disc/p/1405000-2018/?colorCode=grey

Our very own RCUK like it too.
    Looks great. I think it is the steed of choice of our own Lataxe.

Can it take the big tyres you need?
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Yep comes with chunkies on it, and has room to go even chunkier. That Cannondale looks good too though!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

I prefer the Domane... always liked them actually, nearly bought one before I had my head turned by Italian bikes. Perfect for crummy british roads.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Still waiting back from matee at the LBS. If I could hold him to a 'bag' I would definitely take it, not told him its CTW yet either.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Bear in mind that, if i recall, the finance cost element of CTW is worn by the retailer, so may affect the deal they can do.

Which CTW scheme it is can also affect the deal - we use Halfords and I was told by LBS that Halfords take a higher cut than the other schemes so they couldn't offer as good a deal.

Yeah, hence I haven't mentioned it as being CTW yet. We use 'Cyclescheme.co.uk' at my work.

Going to see the Trek in the LBS tomorrow, getting it from a shop local to me where my fitter from London now works does lend itself to me. As does Hydraulic brakes, touch more than I wanted to spend though.

Well, in the long run it makes sense to buy something decent, for a bit extra.

Yeah guess so, that CAAD has 105 on it though! But as its a beater, kinda like cheap as chips gruppo. I replaced the drive train on my Bianchi Hybrid days before writing it off (happy days), did the whole lot for around 200, which is less than a cassette on my good bike! haha