Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    I must be thick, still don't get it.

Yep, and Froome again is taller than the average out and out climber non?
    Most out and out climbers are indeed small and lightweight but it is nothing to do with height it is power to weight ratio. The taller you are the more bone you're likely to have which is dead weight but also taller riders have longer levers so could potentially gain an advantage.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Erm it has everything to do with height, I think your post is contradictory, Old Bean. Of course it is all about power to weight, same in the car world. Being small means less weight to lump around as you also infer. Hence less power is required to get them up said incline, hence TTs and the punchy flat stuff does not suit the tiny climbers.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Erm it has everything to do with height, I think your post is contradictory, Old Bean. Of course it is all about power to weight, same in the car world. Being small means less weight to lump around as you also infer. Hence less power is required to get them up said incline, hence TTs and the punchy flat stuff does not suit the tiny climbers.
    But it's the weight that's the issue, not the height. Extra height almost certainly means more weight, but height itself isn't the issue.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Exactly, power to weight is the driving factor, more height means more weight for the same build. Simples.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Sagan - just fantastic.
    All the gear and no idea.

lost in the blinding whiteness of the tundra
    Wins his 3rd then pays tribute to Scarponi in his after race interview.

Wiggo tweeted he's "cycling's saviour" I wouldn't go that far but he's certainly something special.

Aye, very special.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee C View Post
    Wins his 3rd then pays tribute to Scarponi in his after race interview.
    And he's finally had a hair cut - big improvement, I could almost begin to warm to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee C View Post
    Wiggo tweeted he's "cycling's saviour" I wouldn't go that far but he's certainly something special.
    Another irony after his TUE's dragged it back into the mire somewhat.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Three World Championships on the bounce - that really is something! I just love that we never saw him till he launched his sprint.

Disappointed in the Belgians yesterday - all that firepower and then they all went AWOL when it mattered. Glad that Moscon got disqualified after his outrageous sticky bottle - when will the Italians learn.

The Brits did well - in the right places at the right time in all of the road races but ultimately didn't quite have the firepower to get on the podium.

It's been a cracking World Championships - Bergen really did us proud, especially after the nonsense of Qatar last year.

Not seen the race yet so will watch the highlights but Sagan three in a row is just class!