Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    It was a fantastic race - just want to know who pulled the plug from the camera bikes in the last 4 KM. Almost spoilt it - but luckily they had fixed cameras waiting in last KM
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    It was a fantastic race - just want to know who pulled the plug from the camera bikes in the last 4 KM. Almost spoilt it - but luckily they had fixed cameras waiting in last KM
    Probably the same bloke that kicked out the power lead and took out Adam Yates last year...

"If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Most impressive ride was Lizzie Deignan. 3 weeks after major surgery for an appendectomy the fact that she was even riding a bike at all was amazing let alone finish the world championships with a respectable position.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    Most impressive ride was Lizzie Deignan. 3 weeks after major surgery for an appendectomy the fact that she was even riding a bike at all was amazing let alone finish the world championships with a respectable position.
    Isn't that keyhole these days CB ?

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Sagan monstered it, funny as the pundits couldn't see him and said he wasn't even in the front group at one point!

Didn't see or hear about Moscon, those Italian lads love it don't they!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Sagan monstered it, funny as the pundits couldn't see him and said he wasn't even in the front group at one point!

Didn't see or hear about Moscon, those Italian lads love it don't they!

Gianni Moscon of Italy (disqualified for taking an extended tow from his team car after a crash).

Quote Originally Posted by barrowboy View Post
    Gianni Moscon of Italy (disqualified for taking an extended tow from his team car after a crash).
    They did show it during the live broadcast - didn't seem to be in Nibali territory but was definitely taking the michael. Makes you wonder what they were thinking - unlikely to get away with something like that on a closed circuit with TV cameras everywhere - imagine if he'd stayed away with Alaphillipe and then got stripped of his podium place because of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    From quotes I got the impression that it was the subsequent enforced rest rather than the procedure itself that was the problem. there was talk, I think, of 2kg loss of muscle mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    Dunno, I'm a vet not a human surgeon!

Quote Originally Posted by dickmarl View Post
    From quotes I got the impression that it was the subsequent enforced rest rather than the procedure itself that was the problem.
    Well quite, the two go hand in hand and even a tiny surgical wound needs to heal. However, to put things in perspective: the bitch I spayed this morning walked out happily and will be running around normally tomorrow and they have very minimal pain relief. The problem with my patients is trying to get them to rest sensibly when they clearly don't feel a need to. Is this a) because I'm a wonderful surgeon or b) humans are wimps and animals clearly don't need to read Rule #5.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.