Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar

Show us your Pain Caves / Zwift holes...

I'm thinking of getting on to Zwift this year, only thing is, I have nowhere ideal to set the rig up. My Turbo normally sits in the spare room and gets taken down if we have guests. There really isn't much room for the screen, so don't know where I will put the monitor.

Sticking an Ipad on the bike isn't ideal as im short-sighted and would prefer a nice big screen, say 32" minimum.

Let's see your rigs then, people. I know some people have some proper custom setups in their garages etc.... post-a-pic!
    "I love this cooking revolution"

My pain caves are my own personal Calvary, I don't want to share them with anyone else except non-cyclists to show how fooking hard I am and for them to read Rule#5 for themselves.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

We are still talking about places where you cycle indoors now yeah?! Not your adventures on Grinder?!

I just set mine up in the Living room.
    Turbo is left there all Winter and I just bring in either mine or the lads bike as we need them.
    Last Winter the lads bike was permanently set up in the Living room from October to March.As he had broken his arm(bike crash)we thought it was a good idea to leave it there so he could use it as and when to rebuild his confidence
    He loves Zwift and this year will be able to use my Smart Turbo as his new bike will be 650c as opposed to 24" wheels
    Last edited by ibbo68; 3 Weeks Ago at 2:53 PM.

Finished mine yesterday
    https://piccollage.com/_TPxJI0Ra

https://piccollage.com/_en618NL3

my old pina frame built back up with new shimmy tiagra Groupset , used Sram rival levers..no brakes or wheels all hooked up to Wahoo kickr V2 , with a fan on my tool stack and using my park tool frame bench to hold my iPad on....soon to be a laptop so I can start zwift...proper spit n sawdust setup
    Last edited by Boxhilljunkie; 3 Weeks Ago at 5:22 PM.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Think you need to let the wife in there to tidy up a bit BHJ. That's a bit messy.
    NOT logging in every and each visit now.
    Going to have to BITE someone soon.
    Amicabili Lamia

Good work, Boxxy, I have a Pina on my Turbo rig too! How is the bike held up given the front end is not supported!

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Think you need to let the wife in there to tidy up a bit BHJ. That's a bit messy.
    Ahhh mate...it's the blinking wife and her squirrel like habits that your seeing...the shit she keeps......it's stopping me from keeping all my tools tidy.Grrrr...lol

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Good work, Boxxy, I have a Pina on my Turbo rig too! How is the bike held up given the front end is not supported!
    it is supported Mart...it's on a tool box with a bit of 3x2 to make the height ...and it's well study.
    the ride was weird because it was comfy....my outdoor bike the Cipo is a mean ride...real sporty and not made for comfort..bit like a Lamborghini ...but I've got use to it, and then wham pina not so hunched over ,even the crank feels like it's too far forward...strange but fun

I know the front drop outs are on top of something. But how else is the bike supported?!