Page 3 of 195 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    I installed it on my crappy PC last night, seemed to be able to run it despite being under minimum spec. Graphics were terrible but ok to see if I can get on with it. Ordering the ANT+ dongle today.

Is it a flat rate a month? Or was Nick talking about a Premium membership?

What's the deal with the app, does that give you some controls when your riding?
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

"Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    I installed it on my crappy PC last night, seemed to be able to run it despite being under minimum spec. Graphics were terrible but ok to see if I can get on with it. Ordering the ANT+ dongle today.

Is it a flat rate a month? Or was Nick talking about a Premium membership?

What's the deal with the app, does that give you some controls when your riding?
    £8 per month gives you premium membership with unrestricted rides/distance and all the other gimmicky stuff. Otherwise free members are restricted to 25km per month.

The app gives you controls when riding. You can turn left or right at junctions, turn around, say hello to those around you as well as flick your elbow and activate power ups. Same as real life really

I’ve paid £9 for a months subscription, think it’s £6-7 a month for a yearly sub.
    I'm on a non smart trainer, but I may go with a stages power meter rather than the smart trainer route. But I’ll give it a month and see.

The app as Nick says,plus access to race slots. Plus I paid an extra pound to squirt water at boxy tonight.
    Last edited by Avoid Paris; 10th October 2017 at 4:31 PM.

I only paid £8... you've been ripped for nicker AV.

whats all this non smart turbo....??..does that mean your going to be flying while I'm grinding up the hills??......your so going to get elbowed now

@Marty...I got my dongle from here..£14 real garmin
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garmin-Mic.../112581009251?

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post

whats all this non smart turbo....??..does that mean your going to be flying while I'm grinding up the hills??......your so going to get elbowed now
    Do you have special commands in Zwift, such as "elbow rival into barrier", "sticky bottle", or indeed virtual EPO...?
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post

If I maintain 200 Watts at -6 I might be doing 30mph. If I maintain 200 Watts at a gradient +6 I might be doing 6mph. Zwift caters for your weight and power.
    luckily I only weigh 5 stone

So premium is just another word for paid up member then? Cheers, Nick, I have paired the app to my PC.

Thanks for the link, Boxxy but too late. Got a non Garmin one from Amazon, had good reviews though! Dongle arrives tomorrow.

Fear not, Boxxy, a mate has been on Zwift for ages without a smart trainer, it will still make it harder for AV when he gets to the hills.

We'll AV must be a robot...he beat the pants off me...by 5 mins

all i can say ....is BRUTAL ...I was not expecting that...and that was the flat race!!
    My legs are killing...and that was nine miles in.....but on the bright side my watts has gone up to 187