Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

some advice please.

Hi guys. Looking for some advice please. I am looking to get a new bike. I am looking at carbon. I have had a good look at getting a ribbel gran fondo. Not sure of the spec yet. Are ribbel bikes good or am i wasting my money. I have seen a Meridia bike. But again inexperience i dont know if it is any good. Any advice would be great. Many thanks Andy
    Here is a link for the meridia.
    https://www.cyclelane.co.uk/m4b0s6p1...to-7000-E-2017

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Depends on what type of cycling you plan to do - commute in summer/winter, lazy bike rides with Mrs or Train like hell and enter the TDF.

Then you can decide which bike you want to buy and how much you want to spend.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluephenex View Post
    Hi guys. Looking for some advice please. I am looking to get a new bike. I am looking at carbon. I have had a good look at getting a ribbel gran fondo. Not sure of the spec yet. Are ribbel bikes good or am i wasting my money. I have seen a Meridia bike. But again inexperience i dont know if it is any good. Any advice would be great. Many thanks Andy
    Here is a link for the meridia.
    https://www.cyclelane.co.uk/m4b0s6p1...to-7000-E-2017
    What he says, plus we have had a few problems reported recently with Ribble on here, OK if you are mechanically confident/competent to sort out yourself. You get a good deal, but you need to be handy with the spanners IMHO

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    I had two mates buy the original GF, they loved them. As Gasper says, you might expect them turning up with the odd small issue.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Thanks for the replys guys. The new bike will be for summer use. I will stick with my old felt for winter. As for what type i like to try and do a bit of distance rather than race. But would still like to have a bit of oomph to the bike. If that makes sense? Cheers again. Andy

Looks great, and decent value in that spec... though it will, I suspect, will be a harder, more speed oriented ride but less relaxed than the Gran Fondo, which is more sportive oriented. The comparable Ribble would be the Aero 883.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Thanks PRSboy. Will have a look at the aero. Bit still have concerns with ribble bikes about quality. Cheers Andy

There are a couple on here, Nick1020 for one, who has an 883 and will be able to give you an informed view. The niggle he's had has been more down to Shimano components rather than the bike, I think.

My brother has a Ribble 838, frame quality seems excellent...
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Didn't Portia have a few issues as well ? Thread stretched to 9 pages, as I recall....

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    Didn't Portia have a few issues as well ? Thread stretched to 9 pages, as I recall....
    Yes, noise from Mavic wheel, not the Ribble bike it was attached to. Oh and the thread was around 3 pages actually related to the OP's problem, followed by 6 of random stuff, as is oft the way on RCUK!