6 Days of London

Did anyone see Cav in the 40Lap Derny yesterday?
    His right foot somehow unclipped with about 10 laps to go He was in 5th place at the time but managed to clip back in and win the race

I don't know if it was luck or skill or a bit of both but he always entertains

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    Did anyone see Cav in the 40Lap Derny yesterday?
    His right foot somehow unclipped with about 10 laps to go He was in 5th place at the time but managed to clip back in and win the race

I don't know if it was luck or skill or a bit of both but he always entertains
    Didn't see it, didn't know it was on even. If he didn't fall off I don't see why it would affect him, shirley one lap would be enough to clip back in unless it was already an eyeballs out sprint, let alone 10!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

On a Fixie?
    Having ridden a few Velodrome sessions I doubt I could do it and I’ve never got anywhere near the speed they were going.
    That’s why they usually strap their shoes to the pedals as well as clipping in.Simple enough on a road bike where you just free wheel to reclip not so simple with the pedals spinning at 100+ RPM!

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    On a Fixie?

That’s why they usually strap their shoes to the pedals as well as clipping in.Simple enough on a road bike where you just free wheel to reclip not so simple with the pedals spinning at 100+ RPM!
    OK I concede, a reasonable point, but he is a professional and I wouldn't be surprised if he trained for such an eventuality.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

you could see him trying to time the pedal stroke. took 5 or 6 attempts, to come back onto the derney and then take the win was crazy.
    By tonights performance looks like Sunday could be a good night!