Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Froome Giro/TDF Double?

According to sources Froomey is going to go for the Giro/TDF double next year!
    http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/ra...ia-2018-360602
    Brave move
    Also Team Sky will race in White.
    http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/ra...ite-kit-360553
    Bad move

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Hmmmmmm, scary if true! Wonder if he is willing to take the hit on Le Tour then?!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

That is the worry. Mind you, anything that could make the outcome of the TdF a little more uncertain should be welcomed.

If he won the Giro, he would hold all three GTs, albeit not in the same year... that must be a first, surely.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

According to The Telegraph this morning he is 90% sure of riding both. My take on this is he's thinking that: 1) if he wins the Giro he will hold all 3 GTs at the same time which is rare enough and 2) he may not have that opportunity again. Plus if he does the double he will really make history. 3) If he misses out on winning the Tour this year he will still have plenty of opportunity to come back next year for a 5th win. Finally, 4) I wonder if he'd risk going for the Vuelta if he managed the Giro/Tour double and cement his place in history as the only cyclist to have done that.

I reckon G will be well pissed if he does the Giro though.
    Last edited by coolboarder; 28th November 2017 at 5:50 PM.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

There's a rumour he's been offered €2m to Ride the Giro.....probably is just a rumour though.

Doubt he could recover for the Tour. Nairo was an empty shell at the Tour when he had gone the Giro.

Quote Originally Posted by eliot coolican View Post
    Doubt he could recover for the Tour. Nairo was an empty shell at the Tour when he had gone the Giro.
    The Tour does start a week later though because of clashing with the World Cup.Will an extra week make a difference?We’ll see!

He'll have to be a genetic maestro....oh he's that already.I'd be looking at that 5th TdF myself, without Italian fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by eliot coolican View Post
    I don't think Quintana was quite on form all season for one reason or another and he didn't have a team like Sky behind him. Sky have show they are masters of getting riders to peak form at the right time - worked for the Tour/Vuelta double this year when a lot of people were doubting Froomdog's form coming into the Tour. So I reckon if they've worked out its doable then its definitely on the cards.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Already buzzing for next season now!!! One thing is for sure, Froome's fellow riders are going to have to bring their 'A game'!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."