Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    All the gear and no idea.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Disaster. Seems very odd, knowing he would be under the utmost scrutiny. I will be the first to say it looks like a horrible dosage mistake to me...

But its just what the sport could do without, given that Froome, Sky etc have their detractors who will now be jumping up and down with pitchforks.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

I have long been cynical about athletes claiming they are asthmatic so they can legitimately take potentially performance enhancing drugs so this does not surprise me. I guess this won't do his SPOTY chances a lot of good!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

I'm so hoping this is just a legitimate error and not actual "drug" taking. As PRS says, given the furore over Wiggins and TUEs with SKY, Shane Sutton etc this really doesn't help!
    All the gear and no idea.

Interesting, albeit brief article here... says there is actually no performance enhancement up to the permitted dose due possibly to side effects. Presumably this would be the case with a larger dose.
    http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/la...al-peds-205512

Edit to add- also interesting to note that this story is not yet on the 'most read' leaderboard on BBC News. Clearly no one else actually cares (or is surprised)!
    Last edited by PRSboy; 13th December 2017 at 10:44 AM.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    I'm so hoping this is just a legitimate error and not actual "drug" taking.
    It's exactly that.It's not a banned "Drug" but a restricted medicine!If you read Froomes statement he's not claiming "It must have been a dodgy Steak"and he's welcoming the investigation.It's well know he has Asthma(or that's the official line at least)so he will use Salbutamol.
    So it appears he's taken too much of a Medicine he's allowed to take.
    Harley "drug abuse"....BUT it is still wrong under UCI regulations and it looks like poor judgement my either Froome,his Team Doctor or Team Sky...or all three.
    With regards to SPOTY is it a coincidence this come out now?He was never in with a chance anyway

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Good investigative work, PRS! I am gutted, we just don't need that cr4p, so what do we think will happen?
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Good investigative work, PRS! I am gutted, we just don't need that cr4p, so what do we think will happen?
    What will happen or what should happen?