Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Hit me with both by all means....
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

I would be interested to know of the effect taking part in strenuous exercise could have on how your body metabolised the drug... could this mean that whilst the dosage would have been appropriate and within the rules (and hopefully TS records will show this, assuming they have their ducks in a row in this respect after Jiffygate) the levels in the sample may tell a different story?

The UCI have so far said there is no need for a mandatory provisional suspension, which is reasonably encouraging.

Interestingly, had he used a TUE, then he wouldn't have had a problem, but he's always preferred to not take advantage of this.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Salbutamol taken at therapeutic doses for asthma via an inhaler is not performance enhancing and would not get anywhere near permissible levels to trigger positive test. To get over those it has to be taken orally and then it is only for one purpose - performance enhancement as (alleged) in Alessandro Petacchi's case in 2007. Given Sky's dubious use of TUEs one can't help but think they've been pushing the boundaries again and shot themselves in the foot. I hope I'm wrong but we have been here before.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Hit me with both by all means....
    What will happen:-
    What is already happening!"failed drugs test""told you so""all cyclists are doping" and all the usual Anti-Team Sky/Froome shite FB is full of cr@p already...ban him....end of Team Sky...Froome has to be sacked and banned...etc,etc,etc.The gutter press(and not just mainstream) will have a field day.The very title of this thread sums it up!
    What should happen:-
    Let the investigation run it's course and see what happens.That,however,is far too easy and doesn't sell papers/magazines.

Then the entire system needs looking at.There are far to many Grey areas and not just in Cycling.
    Last edited by ibbo68; 13th December 2017 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    What will happen:-
    What is already happening!"failed drugs test""told you so""all cyclists are doping" and all the usual Anti-Team Sky/Froome shite FB is full of cr@p already...ban him....end of Team Sky...Froome has to be sacked and banned...etc,etc,etc.The gutter press(and not just mainstream) will have a field day.The very title of this thread sums it up!
    What should happen:-
    Let the investigation run it's course and see what happens.That,however,is far too easy and doesn't sell papers/magazines.

Then the entire system needs looking at.There are far to many Grey areas and not just in Cycling.
    Yes I titled thread as "Froome failed drug test" because that is what is how it is reported in media, specifically the BBC website where I first saw the news. Got everyones attention didn't it?
    All the gear and no idea.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    I heard that it was Segans Fault - Chris was about to take a blow on his inhaler and Segan put an elbow out and Chris took a bigger inhale than he was supposed to.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Your best work yet, Vlad! That was actually funny! =)

Muffster - Pretty sure we would have all come to this thread, with or without the title. Moment I saw the story, I copied the link and came straight to the forum, you had already started a thread.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Your best work yet, Vlad! That was actually funny! =)
    Hear, hear.

Muffster - Pretty sure we would have all come to this thread, with or without the title. Moment I saw the story, I copied the link and came straight to the forum, you had already started a thread.[/QUOTE]Ditto.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Yes I titled thread as "Froome failed drug test" because that is what is how it is reported in media, specifically the BBC website where I first saw the news. Got everyones attention didn't it?

Muffster - Pretty sure we would have all come to this thread, with or without the title. Moment I saw the story, I copied the link and came straight to the forum, you had already started a thread.
    ^^^^This^^^^^.
    No need to go down the Gutter-Press headline when we all know what has actually happened!
    Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    I heard that it was Segans Fault - Chris was about to take a blow on his inhaler and Segan put an elbow out and Chris took a bigger inhale than he was supposed to.
    ^^^^^Like it^^^^^^^^

FFS sorry everyone! I'm not claiming to have discovered the story or anything, just posted up link. And I would hardly class the BBC as gutter press, but whatever.

Blimey, is it any wonder people leave this forum!
    Last edited by Muffin; 13th December 2017 at 2:39 PM.
    All the gear and no idea.