Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    No need to be defensive Muffin... the facts are as they are. He failed a drugs test, or at least had an 'adverse result', which is euphemistic but at least allows proper process to be followed. We all want the Froomedog to be straight down the line, as frankly if he goes down I'd fear for the future of a sport which is struggling through lack of sponsorship.

Over on another cycling forum, a post says that the next step will be for the athlete to have a test in controlled conditions to see if there are any physiological factors that may have led to the correct dosage manifesting in an abnormal result.

What I am interested in is how this test controls for the extraordinary load a person is put under in multi-stage race conditions which must surely have an effect on a lab vs field result.
    Last edited by PRSboy; 13th December 2017 at 2:50 PM.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    FFS sorry everyone! I'm not claiming to have discovered the story or anything, just posted up link. And I would hardly class the BBC as gutter press, but whatever.

Blimey, is it any wonder people leave this forum!
    Calm down,Calm down!!!
    I wasn't having a go,sorry if it looked that way.Unfortunately the BBC will just report with the most sensational headline just like the gutter-press.
    All the Cycling Mags(via FB/Twitter) went with something along the lines of "Froome returns adverse analytical finding" for Salbutamol which is nearer the mark.
    We are all cyclists and I would assume most of us love racing and knee jerk Headlines ala BBC etc just annoy me!

Sky is the new US Postal. Shame we’ve lost some of the characters of the sport like Wiggo, Millar and Bertie. Now we’re left with some dodgy boring stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Q View Post
    Sky is the new US Postal. Shame we’ve lost some of the characters of the sport like Wiggo, Millar and Bertie. Now we’re left with some dodgy boring stars.
    This is what I mean.Sky the new US Postal...what a load of bollox.
    Putting Wiggins and now Froome in the same statement as Millar and Contador Then again at least Millar admitted it an apologised and didn't blame it on a dodgy Steak like El Dopiaro.
    MASSIVE difference between banned performance enhancing drugs and Restricted Medicines.Massive difference.
    I'd expect nothing less from a fan of Bertie

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    Salbutamol taken at therapeutic doses for asthma via an inhaler is not performance enhancing and would not get anywhere near permissible levels to trigger positive test. To get over those it has to be taken orally and then it is only for one purpose - performance enhancement as (alleged) in Alessandro Petacchi's case in 2007. Given Sky's dubious use of TUEs one can't help but think they've been pushing the boundaries again and shot themselves in the foot. I hope I'm wrong but we have been here before.
    This indicates that Froome had indeed been taking it via inhaler... so no performance enhancement?
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...t-happens-next
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by ibbo68 View Post
    This is what I mean.Sky the new US Postal...what a load of bollox.
    Putting Wiggins and now Froome in the same statement as Millar and Contador Then again at least Millar admitted it an apologised and didn't blame it on a dodgy Steak like El Dopiaro.
    MASSIVE difference between banned performance enhancing drugs and Restricted Medicines.Massive difference.
    I'd expect nothing less from a fan of Bertie
    But then Sky claimed that they were operating to higher standards. To then get caught out in the grey areas of TUE's, restricted medicines etc. doesn't give me much confidence that they are as squeaky clean as they claim.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Best thread for quite some time, keep it coming, lads!
    "I’m glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, I’m a bilingual illiterate… I can’t read in two languages."

Well now that Disney is taking over Sky you can still believe they are a squeaky clean team if you want but it’s just like my kids believing the Snow White and Frozen films.

Well now that Disney is taking over Sky you can still believe they are a squeaky clean team if you want but it’s just like my kids believing the Snow White and Frozen films.
    Oh come on, you'll be us telling Santa Claus is made up next!
    All the gear and no idea.

At the risk of lurching off topic (well it is RCUK) did you see the case in the papers of the woman demanding Sleeping Beauty should be taken off the reading list at her son's primary school as the sleeping princess had not given consent to be kissed by the prince. I kid you not.

In other news, more cats have spoken out against Pepe Le Pew, following Penelope Pussycat's accusation of repeated unwanted sexual advances.

Anyway, as you were, back to Froomey.