Prime Wheels Anyone?

Anyone have any experience with these? CRC's 'in house' brand. Look amazing value for the money but are they too good be true??

Any first hand experience they can enlighten me with?

Cheers

The reviews look good....nice upgrade if your switching to disc at that price

Have been looking at these as well.

Also looked at Yoeleo wheels, some very good reviews out there and video reviews on Youtube. Just need to convince SWMBO to let me spend circ. 500 on carbon wheels now.

I’ve not seen much in terms of bad reviews TBF.

CRC’s ‘in house’ brand that Wiggle ditched their own one for when they took them over so that says something. See a few lower league pro teams use them, difficult to see many negatives.

Think I’d rather go for those than A N Other independent low price carbon wheel manufacturer? Dunno why though!?

They got a best buy 9/10 review in The Comic, ahead of some more expensive brands. I've heard a couple of moans about the hub quality but for that money what do you expect? It will be interesting to look at their longevity. I was tempted I must say but in the end I could see no advantage over my alloy Ksyrium Pro SL which are lighter.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

I have been running the RP-38's since August 2016. Since fitting them I have had 2 spoke failures, both on the rear non drive side. They do come with 3 spare spokes, front, drive side, and non drive side so having two go in the same place meant I had to source new ones from JRA near Sheffield.
    As for the wheels in use, they come in at just over the claimed weight which can be attributed to the fitted rim tape. They run beautifully and have stayed perfectly true since I got them (excepting the spoke failures sic.) The freehub is fairly quiet with none of that clacking when you stop pedaling.
    The brake pads that come with the wheels work moderately well in the dry but are truly scary in the wet. I replaced them with yellow Swisstops which are much better.
    I run them on Schwalbe Pro Ones in 25mm which actually measure 26.5mm when inflated. They ride quite softly but without any brake rub when I'm honking out of the saddle(I weigh in at 80K)g. Oh! and they are quick, riding in a bunch I constantly have to feather the brakes to avoid drifting off the front.
    Are the worth it? Oh yes! I bought them at 670 and they were worth it then. Now at 480 from Wiggle they are an even bigger bargain. Just go for the stealth option, the white decals are just a tad shouty.

Great review mate- cheers! Really useful.

Almost had me sold on the RP 50s until I then checked Wiggle to see they’ve hoofed them back up to 999!!

I didn’t think Wiggle sold anything at full price!!??

Anyway, great wheels as they may be I think a grand could be better invested? Takes them over Hunt wheels current price point!

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Tom.

Didn't look hard enough.

Here on Wiggle for 499.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/prime-rr-50-...ad-wheelset-1/
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Can I have an ‘RP’ please Vlad.

That’s a different set... and out of stock, but other than that, thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Tom Logan; 21st February 2018 at 8:23 AM. Reason: Typo