Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Haha it’s a thing isn’t it
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

I have a Tacx Neo and it reads around 5 - 10 watts below both my Stages and P2M power meters (depending on what bike I'm using on my Neo at the time)

Hark at 'im and his two power meters...
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Ooooh interesting, someone’s chimes in in defence!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Ooooh interesting, someone’s chimes in in defence!
    Just based on what I've observed

Koos Tacx says they're good Marty

Have you found out if your mates are using the correct height and mass settings on Zwift? I think this is the most likely explanation for their readings. Perhaps they haven't calibrated properly as well. A warm tyre makes a noticeable difference for spin down.

Not a scooby, we’re talking about a group of old boys I have zero affiliation with. All I can tell you is... boss at my work puts out 320 on there, yet I have him on nearly every local seg and at all events.

Futhermore, 2 in his group have had revelations that they’re pumping out slightly inflated readings. The entire group uses Tacx.

I’m totally impartial

That said, I like a good calibration before each ride where possible.

It's well suspect, but as to whether it's user error or machine, it's hard to say. I have read conflicting reviews of Tacx trainers. One model (Vortex I think) was rated as being as much as 12% higher than the reviewer's power meters, but it was at least consistently 12% higher rather than spikey or fluctuating. Another review of the same model was pretty accurate. Other sites reviewed other models with generally positive power feedback. I'm not too fussed if mine is that accurate, it's only an entry level job, but that said, I'm about 85kg and think I'm a fairly powerful rider, but without ever using power meters, I have absolutely nothing to compare the Tacx power ratings with.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't let it bother you. The road is the only place times really matter

There are all sort of ways to cheat on Zwift.As said not calibrating the ST is one but most common is riders being "ahem" economical with the truth when inputting their stats.
    Until recently the minimum weight you could put in was 45kg so when my 30kg lad used Zwift he got totally wrong av/watts no matter which trainer he used.Likewise if he uses Zwift on my account it thinks he's 80kg so his average watts plummet!As he's only 10 I'm not keen on him doing a proper FTP test as we get similar av/watts when he Zwifts and although he races I don't think it's too important to know his FTP at this stage.
    Not sure what my FTP is on the Tacx/Zwift as I've never done it but the last FTP test I did on the Wattbike at the gym came up with 230/2.8wkg but I'm not sure it's that accurate TBH.
    Last edited by ibbo68; 27th February 2018 at 2:30 PM.

Unless any of you lot are training to race competitively why don't you just forget all this crap and just get out and enjoy riding and push as hard as YOU want and forget what everyone else is doing especially if they're all cheating?!
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.