Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    Unless any of you lot are training to race competitively why don't you just forget all this crap and just get out and enjoy riding and push as hard as YOU want and forget what everyone else is doing especially if they're all cheating?!
    latex lives

Quote Originally Posted by Avoid Paris View Post
    latex lives
    I raced before power meters became vogue and used an HRM for training - that was state of the art back then but if I was racing now I would train with a power meter. And I use a Mio GPS computer and a TomTom GPS watch so don't compare me with that Luddite Laxative!

Just sayin' I can't see the point in obsessing over power, Zwift and Strava segments when all your'e riding for is pleasure and you can't trust your equipment to be accurate or that those you're comparing yourself with aren't cheating. As I keep saying - if you want competition get out and race in identical conditions to your fellow competitors otherwise who are you kidding?
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Or use TrainerRoad... exaggerate your FTP on that and it just hurts more!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    CB - What do you mean - just ride for pleasure - Noooooooooooo - Strava and Zwift now mean we have competition and we NEED to be at the top of the list or life is not worth living.

We dream of getting to level 25 (highest level on Zwift) and getting all the KOM's. After all - that's why bikes were invented.

Its not about just getting out there and riding anymore - its oh so much more now.

Its like having the best mobile phone and the new upgraded one comes out - so you must have it - so you buy it.

Its all that's left in life ...... ZWIFT and STRAVA segments.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

I’m with CB on this one. Can’t believe the amount of folk with power meters and Smart trainers all bleating on about a level playing field. If you want a level playing field enter a road race. Anyone coming out to Majorca in October for the European Masters? Much better fun than sitting on your bike in a shed on a turbo trainer.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    In todays weather - that's where I'm sitting and just wait till Thursday. Its worse.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

If this weather keeps up ...I'll be zwifting on sunday.....and I'll got a wicked challenge for ya'll

i dare you????......who is in???

Looking at the alternative outside, I've actually starting to enjoy the turbo - well maybe enjoy is a bit much tolerate is probably a better word. And as I can't even get out for a run I've pressed the wife's step machine into use - I did actually enjoy that.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    And the 'Great Taco Corruption Ring' is showing their cards now.... the boss from my work, did his first outside ride on the weekend, Strava Power had him under 130w av, granted that's not from a PM, still, its a bit of a jump from the 320 he puts out on Zwift hahahahahahahahahaha

The pendulum has swung back into my favour =)

Or I guess he could of been having a bad day!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    And the 'Great Taco Corruption Ring' is showing their cards now.... the boss from my work, did his first outside ride on the weekend, Strava Power had him under 130w av, granted that's not from a PM, still, its a bit of a jump from the 320 he puts out on Zwift hahahahahahahahahaha

The pendulum has swung back into my favour =)

Or I guess he could of been having a bad day!
    The fact that his average of 130W is 60w less than the 190W difference between real and virtual would suggest it's not a bad day